Trace Windows 7 boot/shutdown/hibernate/standby/resume issues

MagicAndre1981

Hello

After reinstallation Windows 7 x64 on my PC I have found that windows takes too long time to boot (here I mean long time on "Starting Windows" screen, approximately 2.5 min).

I have performed steps from 1st post of this topic, and I if I understand right the problem is in PreSMSS stage, here is part of log:

<interval name="PreSMSS" startTime="0" endTime="145284" duration="145284">
<perProcess>
<perProcessCPUUsage name="Idle" time="74287" percentOfInterval="51.13">
<cpuUsage priority="0" time="74287" cumTime="74287" ofProcess="100.00" ofInterval="51.13" cumOfProcess="100.00"/>
</perProcessCPUUsage>

So, my question is why Idle process take so much time?

Here is link to entire etl file: https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=8643ABC91E5D0AD4%21107

Thanks in advance!

Edited by AndreiLis

Hi, Andre. Saw your username pop up a bunch of times while searching for ways to fix bootup time, even as far back as 2010, wow! Do you mind if you can look at my .etl file? Tried converting it to a .xml file but failled repeatedly..

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=38250D76BA96787F%21242

Here's a short list of things I've already tried:

- Already ran windows repair

- disable legacy usb on bios so it doesn't try to search my usb before it loads windows

- Deleted Avast anti-virus

- Ran diagnostic startup on msconfig, with all services other than the ones from microsoft disabled, as well as disabling starup processes.

- viewed the etl via windows performance analyzer and noticed high numbers on smss and autochk.

I'm using an ssd and my current boot time is around 50 seconds. It used to have a boot up time of around 19 seconds. I also just recently cloned my old ssd to much bigger and faster one, not sure if that caused some errors but I'm sure my old ssd have also experienced this slow down. Bios bootup is fast but it slows down when it reaches the windows logo / or while trying to load the logo. I have set to a no GUI boot so I mostly just stare at a black screen.

FYI I'm not a very tech savy person, I just have a black belt at Google-Fu. so please pardon me if I take a while to reply to your techy questions.

Edited by foxhound2001

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=38250D76BA96787F%21242

Added 2 pictures from chkdsk C: /r /f. Seems that the disk scan would auto close after it finishes, so I had to catch the result by ttimely hitting the print screen.

open the CMD explicitly. Go to startmenu, type cmd, do a rightclick on the CMD.exe ,listed in the search, and select "Run as admin". Now run chkdsk from here.

Hello, Andre!

Thank you, will wait for the answer!

ok, got an answer. You also have NTFS issues. Also run chkdsk to check your HDD and later defrag the HDD if it is fine.

Edited by MagicAndre1981