Trace Windows 7 boot/shutdown/hibernate/standby/resume issues

MagicAndre1981

<timing pnpSystemStartDuration="412" pnpSystemStartEndTime="4600" pnpSystemStartStartTime="4188" pnpBootStartDuration="3009" pnpBootStartEndTime="3044" pnpBootStartStartTime="35" postBootDisturbance="18300" postBootRequiredIdleTime="10000" osLoaderDuration="7706" bootDoneViaPostBoot="51623" bootDoneViaExplorer="23323">

this is another try ;)

I think it's great as I have avast7, teatimer, teamviewer and a few other programs/services in startup and only a sata II hard disk...

for the moment I'll stick to this configuration as it doesn't make sense to change only the motherboard... I'll go for another computer in the near future though.

thank you very much for you effort... you have a beer from me.

cheers!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

New to forum but have a very slow starting up PC, boots to logon screen in 20 -30 secs but then takes up to 4 mins to logon. If PC is turned on and left for few minutes it logs on quicker so am assuming it is a cumputer startup problem but not sure how to read the xml file.

Thanks for any helpsummary_boot.xml

Starting Oracle and other services (McAfee) takes a very long time.

<serviceTransition name="OracleServiceXE" group="" transition="start" totalTransitionTimeDelta="192069"
<serviceTransition name="ProcTrigger" group="" transition="start" totalTransitionTimeDelta="176487"

<serviceTransition name="McShield" group="" transition="start" totalTransitionTimeDelta="48951"

stop the autostart of this service (services.msc).

Edited by MagicAndre1981

Thanks for responding.

My first thought was that it is the OracleXE service but setting it to manual appears to make no difference, have also set other servives to manual but am now getting strange results as below

<serviceTransition name="wscsvc" group="" transition="start"

totalTransitionTimeDelta="9223371778124" firstCheckpointTimeDelta="2" processingTimeDelta="9223371778123"

container="unknown" startedAt="258730" firstCheckpointedAt="258732" endedAt="-1"/>

summary_boot1.xml

Hello. I'm new to the forum. Can you help me with my boot problems?

My problem is, explorer takes a long time to start after logon. The PC would get stuck on a blank screen for 30 seconds or so after the welcome screen.

I've done the boot trace, looked at the .etl file graphs, but I can't see any process that's hogging the system for far too long at Explorer Init.

This is a (near) fresh install, just installed the drivers and used it for 2-3 days. It wasn't like this two days ago.

Recent apps I've installed are VMWare player and VirtualBox. I've tried uninstalling both of them, but it made no difference.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

.etl file:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/22934339/boot_BASE%2BCSWITCH%2BDRIVERS%2BPOWER_1.zip

summary_boot.xml

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/22934339/summary_boot.xml

your disk is busy all the time and causes a dramatically slowdown. Look at the readyboot graph, it shows all black which is terrible.

post-70718-0-80605300-1359800148_thumb.p

Follow the linked optimization (install all linked hotfixes and run the prepSystem command).

if it si still not faster after the optimization , upload the a new boot trace.