A visual guide to 7Customizer

Greetings, I'm sort of new to this. Is there a way I can integrate Microsoft Office and other programs into the .iso file?

Hello wymp, :rolleyes:

With 7Customizer, you can use RunOneEx method or also use WPI (Windows Post Install Wizard) for example:

http://www.msfn.org/board/windows-post-install-wizard-f93.html

Please, send your post at the topic:

http://www.msfn.org/board/7customizer-replacement-vlite-windows-t139077-page-820.html

You can also find help here for silent install:

http://www.msfn.org/board/application-installs-f80.html

Regards

• 2 months later...

Hello

Does 7 Customizer can remove some crap like Media Center or Languages Packs? i cant find it in tutorial and in 7customizer

Why not read the support thread? Especially the first page.

It says component removal hasnt been implented yet..

Hello

Does 7 Customizer can remove some crap like Media Center or Languages Packs? i cant find it in tutorial and in 7customizer

You can eliminate the programs/components from installing during setup, and the services from propagating, by creating an answer file using Windows OPK imagex in WAIK. I do not like RT7Lite because if you do not modify all of the wims', it deletes those you do not; changing the default index number (similar to Enterprise). Doing it my way you can still load up 7C and apply the tweaks section with no adverse affects or complexities.

I have attached the answer file I use. Just substitute your values for name, support etc. This answer file disables Windows Defender, System Restore, OOB games, Windows Media Center, CEIP..., adds 4 search providers-Google as default, removes extraneous language packs, logs in the administrator automatically indefinitely (you can change this and add a user account in the answer file), etc. I use WMP12 and Shark007 codec packs here:

http://shark007.net/index.html

Those that know what they are doing can modify the file in notepad, or whatever, all others use OPK imagex. At any rate, the file should be thoroughly read changing that which you want different-most of the time simply changing False to True or vise versa will achieve this. There is redundancy in some entries by design, but, if any part of the answer file is not modified exactly right, absolutely no errors, install will fail. Be smart, copy the modified file to empty floppy or USB Flash and run a trial install (F8....etc.) cancelling the install at the last moment, then, you simply automatically reboot back up and running as you were.

The result is the same as if you physically removed these components with RT7Lite or whatever, with the exception that all is reversible in the OS (Programs and Features, System etc.) and the ISO size is not reduced.

RickSteele

Autounattend.7z

Edited by RickSteele

• 1 month later...

Hi,

Just a quick question... Do you need to include the windows updates in a specific order, like oldest first, or will 7Customizer apply the updates in the correct way so as to make sure that the most recent files are used?

I'm just wondering if adding the newest patch first and the oldest patch last may possibly result in the older version of a system file being used. Up to now I've just downloaded all windows updates using autopatcher, searched the AP directory for *.msu files and added them all in one go. I'm currently building an image created with this method, but I'm not sure how I would test that all updates were applied correctly/in the right order :)

Thanks!

edit:

Hmmm, the iso that I was building never showed up... does 7Customizer not like the iso destination being a network directory? (I'm building within a VirtualBox VM, so had the destination as a shared folder, which shows as a network location)

Also, does 7Customizer not save any settings apart from the WAIK app locations?

Edited by SiM99

Hi,

Just a quick question... Do you need to include the windows updates in a specific order, like oldest first, or will 7Customizer apply the updates in the correct way so as to make sure that the most recent files are used?

I'm just wondering if adding the newest patch first and the oldest patch last may possibly result in the older version of a system file being used. Up to now I've just downloaded all windows updates using autopatcher, searched the AP directory for *.msu files and added them all in one go. I'm currently building an image created with this method, but I'm not sure how I would test that all updates were applied correctly/in the right order :)

Thanks!

edit:

Hmmm, the iso that I was building never showed up... does 7Customizer not like the iso destination being a network directory? (I'm building within a VirtualBox VM, so had the destination as a shared folder, which shows as a network location)

1: No specific order no.

2: If you can write to a networkdirectory it should work fine.

3: You have to save settings yourself.

Hi,

Thanks!

edit:

You do not need to worry about order etc.; Windows will sort it out, but, if the requisite files are not installed the update will not integrate. As an example I attached a list of files-Requisite.jpg- that must be integrated first before the rest if you were using SoLoR's update repository. Otherwise one or two updates will not integrate; kicking out the update not applicable....7C/DISM error. This list is just to show you an example, but, applies to any update collection.

post-33639-032107300 1283283383_thumb.jp

• 4 months later...

Yes!

You can use RunOnceEx method or Windows Post-Install Wizard if you want (WPI 8.1.0)

Example with RunOnceEx method:

Create the folders $OEM$ inside "sources" (Example: C:\Win7\sources\)

$OEM$\$$\SETUP\SCRIPTS\SetupComplete.cmd

$OEM$\$1\Install (folder where you have all your programs inside each folder: Office2007; Adobe; etc.)

Example:

SetupComplete.cmd

@echo off

REM Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bits - RunOnceEx method

REG ADD HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnceEx
SET KEY=HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnceEx

REG ADD %KEY% /V TITLE /D "Installing applications" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\005 /VE /D "Windows 7 Ultimate activation" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\005 /V 1 /D "%systemroot%\Setup\Scripts\active.vbs" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\010 /VE /D "Tweaks customized" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\010 /V 1 /D "REGEDIT /S %systemroot%\Setup\Scripts\Tweaks.reg" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\015 /VE /D "ATI Display Driver" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\015 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\Install\ATIDriver\Setup.exe -INSTALL" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\020 /VE /D "Realtek R239" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\020 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\Install\Realtek\Setup.exe -s "-f1%systemdrive%\Install\Realtek\setup.iss"" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\025 /VE /D "Office Standard 2007" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\025 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\Install\Office\SETUP.EXE /config %systemdrive%\Install\Office\STANDARDR.WW\CONFIG.XML" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\030 /VE /D "JAVA SUN 6u17" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\030 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\Install\Java\jre-6u17-windows-i586-s.exe /s /v "/qn"" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\035 /VE /D "Adobe Flash Player 10 ActiveX" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\035 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\Install\Flash\install_flash_player_10_active_x.exe /s" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\040 /VE /D "Adobe Reader 9.2.0" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\040 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\Install\Adobe\AdbeRdr920_fr_FR.exe /sAll /rs" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\045 /VE /D "Adobe Reader 9.2.0 eula" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\045 /V 1 /D "REGEDIT /S %systemroot%\Setup\Scripts\Adobe.reg" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\050 /VE /D "TuneUp 2008 Key" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\050 /V 1 /D "REGEDIT /S %systemroot%\Setup\Scripts\TuneUp.reg" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\055 /VE /D "TuneUp Utilities 2008" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\055 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\Install\TuneUp\TU2008TrialFR.exe /qn /norestart" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\060 /VE /D "Installation WinRar 390" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\060 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\Install\WinRar\wrar390fr.exe /S" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\065 /VE /D "Installation WinRar 390 Key" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\065 /V 1 /D "REGEDIT /S %systemroot%\Setup\Scripts\rarreg.key" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\070 /VE /D "Files Attributs" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\070 /V 1 /D "REGEDIT /S %systemroot%\Setup\Scripts\Attributs.reg" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\075 /VE /D "Movie Maker 2.6" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\075 /V 1 /D "msiexec.exe /i "%systemdrive%\Install\MovieMaker\MM26_FR.msi" /qn" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\080 /VE /D "Shortcut Notepad on the desktop" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\080 /V 1 /D "%systemroot%\Setup\Scripts\notepad.vbs" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\085 /VE /D "Finish installation" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\085 /V 1 /D "%systemroot%\Setup\Scripts\clean.vbs" /f

EXIT

Edited by myselfidem

• 2 months later...

Win7 SP1 has been released - can it be integrated/slipstreamed using the Updates tab or will you add a Service Pack tab in the future or is it not possible to include SP1 as an update under any conditions?