SCSI DRIVERS

enescrv

enescrv, please see Dell's site, here. There are several for RAID and non-RAID. You will need to select the one that applies to your machine and DL it. If you have trouble extracting it and/or determining which files to use, post the compressed folder here and we'll take a look. If it is too large to post, then tell us exactly which one you need. Enjoy, John.

Considering is the package he was referring to; I tried to open it with the Universal Extractor, but it didn't work (the error was: NSIS installer, but unsupported). The package is a floppy image for the non-RAID SCSI drivers and I presume enescrv stumbled upon it every time trying to find the appropriate package. It's 988KB, therefore too big to upload here.

Sp0iLedBrAt, tell me which one you are talking about and I'll give it a try. Some drivers will self extract. Put them in a Command Prompt with a /? switch and see it they will tell you the switch to use to extract. Enjoy, John.

Sp0iLedBrAt, tell me which one you are talking about and I'll give it a try. Some drivers will self extract. Put them in a Command Prompt with a /? switch and see it they will tell you the switch to use to extract. Enjoy, John.

Hello johnhc, check my previous post (#6) at the underlined part "the package".

By the way, I've already tried that method and it only displays info about the driver package; no option to extract. I guess what enescrv really needs is someone to extract it to a floppy and then possibly modify the files to run from CD instead of a floppy, similar to what I've read in some other posts about floppy drivers and F6.

Cheers

Sp0iLedBrAt, interestingly, I DLed that one and ran it in a Command Prompt when I first found the drivers. It will not accept any switches and only wants to write to a floppy. I do not have a floppy on this machine but plan on powering up my old machine later. If no one has created the floppy by then, I will do it. If you have a floppy, then go ahead and run the thing and post the compressed folder and I'll take a look. Are you sure this is the one he needs? Enjoy, John.

Unfortunately, I'm working from a notebook, so no floppy here; I really don't know if that's the one he needs; he only mentioned that the drivers he found were for a floppy (posts #1 and #3), and hasn't replied to my request for more information. You can see for yourself in the previous posts. However, I am a bit curious on how to work with this type of file; I've come across something similar before and I didn't solve it then.

Sp0iLedBrAt, I too have encountered these type files. If the Command Prompt trick and 7-Zip both fail, I don't have a suggestion. In this case, go ahead and run the file and copy the files from the floppy. If you have a VM installed, then use a virtual floppy. I think it is best to wait for the OP to let us know what he needs, before we give any more wasted effort. Enjoy, John.

If you have a VM installed, then use a virtual floppy.

Without the whole VM thing, you can use VFD to get a virtual floppy drive and copy your files from there to anywhere you want. It's portable and even runs on a BartPE.

Ponch saves the day again! Here they are after I extracted them using his advice; strange, but although I use software for virtual CDs, it never occured to me to go that way and look for virtual floppies.

Someone with more wit should probably have a look at the txtsetup.oem file to see if it is suitable for CD integration or there is a need to modify.

Cheers everybody

non_RAID_SCSI_Dell_Drivers.zip