Se7en_UA - RunOnceEx Tester still working with Win 11 2022

If I get nerve to try again, I will install WAIK (W7) again or just try moving the driver and wimserv.exe. The Registry key looks OK, value 'ImagePath' is 'system32\DRIVERS\wimmount.sys' in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\WIMMount. The other values in the .inf are there also. Thanks again, John.

Yes thought you was still in VM

Weird the reg took but put files in wrong place. Might try right click install it if you remove the reg and files.

Can you look in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion at the BuildLabEx and tell me if it has within it amd64. That might be only reason my App didn't read it as 64 and fired off wrong cmd.

My test machine I was hoping to use and wipe xp mce off this planet won't power on. I replaced just in the nick of time or my ole lady would have killed me.

Can you look in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion at the BuildLabEx and tell me if it has within it amd64. That might be only reason my App didn't read it as 64 and fired off wrong cmd.

maxXPsoft, perhaps you are on top of it. I do not have a BuildLabEx value, just a BuildLab set to 3790.srv03_sp2_qfe.090319-1204. I did a quick Google on BuildLabEx and all the hits seemed to be x86 - not thorough research. Is it not possible to use the environmental variable PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE=AMD64? Thanks, John.

I had fixed the old PC and installed XP 64 and was first thing I checked and found same, it wasn't there.

My 7 64 has it 7600.16539.amd64fre.win7_gdr.100226-1909

Can you delete the files and right click install?

I'll fix by next version.

Edited by maxXPsoft

maxXPsoft, done, thanks, John.

EDIT: I installed CIS on my VM running W7 x64 Ultimate and quickly crashed when I tried to run 7UA. W7 gave an error dialog with Problem event Name of APPCRASH, Exception Code of C0000005, Offset of 0013BA7B, all for Se7en_UA.exe. Fun!

Edited by johnhc

maxXPsoft, done, thanks, John.

EDIT: I installed CIS on my VM running W7 x64 Ultimate and quickly crashed when I tried to run 7UA. W7 gave an error dialog with Problem event Name of APPCRASH, Exception Code of C0000005, Offset of 0013BA7B, all for Se7en_UA.exe. Fun!

I think since you are a subscriber you could maybe submit to them to approve or would I have to do that?

Now with translation of Services Disabler in 3 languages.

If you want to start translating then begin by translating the English.ini in the Lang folder, zip and attach or send to me.

French by myselfidem

German by urie

'Se7en_UA.exe 6.2.4: April 28, 2010, 7:42:05 AM
' Added Services in 3 language translations as a sample test. Rest of the App will come soon.
' Change reading of 64 bit to PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE for error by johnhc and XP X64
' Fix check for Activex scripting error that would crash the program without starting.
' Fix Win 7 Theme selection
' Fixed a file error with x86 and imageres.dll
' Fixed error with Screen Saver TimeOut in Tweaks

Edited by maxXPsoft

I think since you are a subscriber you could maybe submit to them to approve or would I have to do that?

maxXPsoft, I am sorry, I got lost somewhere. I do not know what you are asking. I am a subscriber to what (CIS forum)? Approval for what? I have submitted an e-mail support request and posted two (cheating) threads on the forum and gotten several not very helpful replies. I am going to do some testing today. Thanks, John.

EDIT: There is a work around for the CIS problem preventing 7UA from starting. It is to rename guard32.dll. This works on my VM, but I have not run the program past startup because I do not have the files required on VM. Here is the Comodo thread discussing the problem.

Edited by johnhc

Using the CIS work around above, I tried to run 7UA to completion. So far not getting there. I have run multiple times with various settings of and responses to CIS, finally with CIS closed and the DLL renamed. The DVD (File) is copied, mounted, Get Features, Get Packages, then the image is unmounted. I see these errors in the dism.log:

CBS Failed to find a matching version for servicing stack: E:\Se7en_UA\zMountDir\Windows\WinSxS\amd64_microsoft-windows-servicingstack_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7600.16385_none_655452efe0fb810b\ [hrESULT = 0x80070490 - ERROR_NOT_FOUND]

CBS Failed to find servicing stack directory in online store. [hrESULT = 0x80070490 - ERROR_NOT_FOUND]

CBS Must be doing offline servicing, using stack version from: E:\Se7en_UA\zMountDir\Windows\WinSxS\amd64_microsoft-windows-servicingstack_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7600.16385_none_655452efe0fb810b\cbscore.dll

CBS Loaded Servicing Stack v6.1.7600.16385 with Core: E:\Se7en_UA\zMountDir\Windows\WinSxS\amd64_microsoft-windows-servicingstack_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7600.16385_none_655452efe0fb810b\cbscore.dll

CSI 00000001@2010/4/28:18:54:49.078 WcpInitialize (wcp.dll version 0.0.0.6) called (stack @0x7ff4a888755 @0x7ff4a852ac7 @0x7ff5f45a79d @0x7ff5f45a98b @0x7ff5f42d487 @0x7ff5f42a696)

CBS Failed to get proc address for CMP_GetServerSideDeviceInstallFlags [hrESULT = 0x8007007f - ERROR_PROC_NOT_FOUND]

CBS Failed to load CfgMgr32 DLL. [hrESULT = 0x8007007f - ERROR_PROC_NOT_FOUND]

zPackagelist.txt and zFEATURES.TXT have no errors. I can find no relavent hits here on these errors. Anyone got an idea for me. I am running XP x64, UA7 6.2.4 against W7 x64 Ultimate. The errors mention "directory in online store". I have disconnected my modem because I have my security SW closed. Is this a problem? Thanks, John.

Are you saying it didn't unmount completely? Are you getting that in the cmd window?

You'll find lots of errors throughout Dism logs but if it doesn't throw up a major error then this is nothing.

If you get this I'd move on.

[ 100% ] Mount cleanup progress

Successfully unmounted image.

What SP is your XP x64? I'll have to copy things to my other PC and test there

EDIT: I am going to remove that early on mounting but just hadn't gotten to it.

Edited by maxXPsoft

Are you saying it didn't unmount completely? Are you getting that in the cmd window?

You'll find lots of errors throughout Dism logs but if it doesn't throw up a major error then this is nothing.

If you get this I'd move on.

[ 100% ] Mount cleanup progress

Successfully unmounted image.

What SP is your XP x64? I'll have to copy things to my other PC and test there

EDIT: I am going to remove that early on mounting but just hadn't gotten to it.

maxXPsoft, the messages came for the dism.log - should have said. It looked like to me that the mount went fine and the unmount went fine, according to what I saw in the CMD prompt - I did get the messages you posted. I did not understand why it was unmounting, since I had done nothing really, except click the Copy DVD box. When it was finished unmounting, the main screen came back and the only two boxes available (not grayed out) were the Add right Click .wim (which I did) and the Addon - Create $OEM$ Folders (which I did not). I was looking to add drivers and updates, but I could not click the boxes. Perhaps this was just a total lack of understanding on my part. Please don't do any testing on this problem - probably just beginners ignorance. Thanks for your help, John.

EDIT: Failed to say - I am running a lightly nLited XP x64 with SP2 and all current critical updates. I will attach my Last Session if you like.

BTW, see this above?

maxXPsoft, I am sorry, I got lost somewhere. I do not know what you are asking. I am a subscriber to what (CIS forum)? Approval for what? I have submitted an e-mail support request and posted two (cheating) threads on the forum and gotten several not very helpful replies. I am going to do some testing today. Thanks, John.

EDIT: There is a work around for the CIS problem preventing 7UA from starting. It is to rename guard32.dll. This works on my VM, but I have not run the program past startup because I do not have the files required on VM. Here is the Comodo thread discussing the problem.

EDIT: Definitely my BAD! I did not realize I had to check the box(s) offered, instead of only the ones I wanted. I skipped what I could, then went to Pack Image and got the following the attached error. I am dead tired and will quit for the night. Thanks much!

Edited by johnhc

Read my very first post. You progress through each item and as you complete it enables next. Click text boxes next to checkboxes for brief explanation.

I am reinstalling newer ver of xp x64 on my other system and will copy 7 dvd in a few minutes to see if I get CBS error

Done from XP X64 and really I got same CBS errors in my log, I don't get them here on 7. You see errors about not able to dismount registry and I get same in 7 but they don't affect anything.

I'd ignore and move on. Unless Dism gives bad error in the cmd windows then I think all is ok.

Done from XP X64 and really I got same CBS errors in my log, I don't get them here on 7. You see errors about not able to dismount registry and I get same in 7 but they don't affect anything.

I'd ignore and move on. Unless Dism gives bad error in the cmd windows then I think all is ok.

maxXPsoft, thanks, I think I am getting a real error. I have read your first several posts and even looked through all the posts here. I have also made my way through all your help text. All of this was done before I attempted to run UA7. I will spend some more time in your first post before I try again. I have another suggestion from CIS and will try that too. Have you read my previous reply, #400? Please do, including the EDIT. I still do not understand the question you asked me earlier. Thanks, John.

A required privilege is not held by the client

Never seen that one and has to do with permissions I believe but where? So you do have CIS Installed but just renamed a file?

Also your pic said 100% mounting image , did it actually mount? Should be remnants of that in zmountdir

Finally got a good vid driver on old machine so i can stand looking at it, I'll run through to pack and see what happens here.

BTW, had same as you wouldn't install wimmount, had to go right click and install. Wish I had saved an image before that.

A required privilege is not held by the client

Never seen that one and has to do with permissions I believe but where? So you do have CIS Installed but just renamed a file?

Also your pic said 100% mounting image , did it actually mount? Should be remnants of that in zmountdir

Finally got a good vid driver on old machine so i can stand looking at it, I'll run through to pack and see what happens here.

BTW, had same as you wouldn't install wimmount, had to go right click and install. Wish I had saved an image before that.

maxXPsoft, When I ran that, I had CIS installed, closed and guard32.dll renamed. I can't think of what permissions it is talking about.

I don't think anything mounted. The Registry key (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\wimmount\Mounted Images) is empty as is zMountDir.

I looked in SysWow64 folder and did not have wimmount.sys, so at least 7UA did not put it there. Outstanding question:

Thanks much for your time. I really appreciate it. Enjoy, John.