A Complete Guide of ports used

XPerties

• 6 years later...
dude why are you always reviving topics from years ago? its explicitly written in the rules to not do so unless you have a good reason to do so (rule 9) .... last warning!

I don't think its a bother this time. The list has been updated as of 2008. :thumbup

I don't think its a bother this time.

That's a matter of opinion...

The list has been updated as of 2008.

It's always being updated, sometimes daily (right now it's 3 days old). And it's one of the most well known sites when it comes to networking.

If someone bumped a thread from 2002 (that says to check MS's homepage or another such trivial & irrelevant thing -- and also when it's totally trivial to google for anyone who might actually need it: type "port list", hit "i feel lucky" and you're actually there!) just for saying "interesting page!", I wouldn't care either if the page has been updated since then. It was completely pointless at the very least & no better than bumping any random thread from 6 years back for no reason whatsoever.

Besides, most good networking tools (wireshark, MS' network monitor, etc) already have that kind of stuff "built in" so you normally don't even have to look them up anyways.

Now, for something actually interesting, a 1:1 quote from another site, referring to someone whose posts are 99% of the time totally unrelated to the main subject of this board (and bumps threads a lot, despite previous warnings):

D'Snowth

05-10-2008, 10:46 PM

Well, it has come to my attention that a certain dude111 has been band for this site. Perhaps a lot of his very useless posts had been removed along with him. But if that is the case, then I cannot complain.:smirk: I knew their had to be a good reason.Man, about freakin' time!

Those pointless threads of him were driving me NUTS! But, I didn't say anything because I didn't want to be a donkey.

Not like he actually cares in the first place either, just seeing how he's banned from forums.catholic.com, www.vbulletin.com, etc. And that 99% of his posts are blind copy/paste also posted on tons of other forums where they're equally unrelated (like here on msfn, then here, here, here, here, ... and then all those posted under other user names, like here, here, here, here, ...)

Around here, when someone copy/pastes the same totally off-topic/unrelated/pointless stuff over and over and over again on tons of forums for no reason at all, we call that spam (and then there's the pointless thread digging too)

Edited by crahak

• 1 month later...