WPI can't find themes or translation files

Hi,

I've finally decided to upgrade my trusty old WPI (6.3) to the more recent 7.7 and have run in to a strange problem.

Every time I enter the options menu and I get a message stating "The translation requested does not exist. Check you installation"

I get a similar message when trying to change the theme - all though all the themes are listed no matter which one I click on I get the error message it can't find it.

Am I missing something in initial installation of WPI? is it not just to extract all the files to a designated folder and start from there?

I have a feeling this is something silly that I'm overlooking.

Any ideas?

Steps to update your WPI folder:

1. Download and unRAR to a different location.
  2. From your old WPI folder, copy config.js, useroptions.js, and windowoptions.js from WPIScripts to the new WPIScripts folder.
  3. Copy your Audio folder from old to new.
  4. Copy your Install folder from old to new..
  5. Rename or move your old folder in case something goes wrong.
  6. Move the new WPI folder to where you want it.
  7. Test it!

NOTE!

When running for the first time you MUST do this = Go into Options wizard and save, then go into Config wizard and save.

IT HAS TO BE DONE IN ORDER!

I've tried it both ways, the first time I tried upgrading according to the instructions in the sticky and when that failed I tried a complete fresh copy of WPI.

In both cases I get the same error.

If you are not using English, manually edit the useroptions.js file to 'en'. If you are using English, what string does it say it can't find? Several language codes were wrong and have been changed to correct ones.

Hi,

It's not a matter of the selection being wrong, no matter which language I try I always get the same error and the same goes for the themes - it always claims it can't find the theme and defaults to the windows theme.

See the attached screen shots.

If I run the old WPI I have everything works fine there, it's just something in the current release that's doing it.

post-262604-1254811425_thumb.jpg

post-262604-1254811436_thumb.jpg

No joy,

BTW also the clean install doesn't include the useroptions.js file which is what I'm trying to get to work now.

Maybe there's something I'm overlooking? I download the rar - unrar it to a folder - run wpi.hta

This is the basic way to start from scratch right?

There are no themes in there by default. All it does is list the theme names. You have to download the theme you like from the wpi site and chuck it in there, then you can choose that particular theme.

PS: I don't see the point of listing all the theme if they're not in there in the first place. Should just list w/e themes that are in the folder. My 2 cents.

You are wrong. WPI lists the themes in the themes folder by reading the folders in there. While the CURRENT release has SOME of the theme files and ALL of the theme folders in there it is only because all themes were missing a couple of files. (Oversight maybe? Appearantly we should have just taken ALL of the time to reupload ALL themes?) v8 will have this fixed...

WPI ONLY lists the themes that are in the themes folder!

@ Elan. You are correct that the archive from the site is suppose to run right out of the box. Have you modified your OS at all? Do you have nero 7 installed?

Edited by Kelsenellenelvian

Kels is right about the themes: only what is in your Themes folder is what is listed. If you have downloaded 7.7, you need to download the latest version from the web site and put it in the Themes folder. That is why it is saying Vista is not found. Only Accordion, CorporateIT, and Windows are in the archive.

For the lang issue, I would guess you have some old reg keys lingering around. When you are testing/building entries on desktop, how are you exiting WPI? If you hit the X close button on the top right of window, that is your problem. YOU MUST USE THE EXIT BUTTON INSIDE WPI THEME OR HIT ESCAPE TO QUIT WPI.

If you don't reg keys will be left and re-used next run "confusing" the new instance of WPI.

HKCU/Software/WPI delete the entire WPI folder from registry and run again to see if cures problems.

Yes, it has all the themes folders, but other than the 3 you listed, we have to download the themes correct? I use Tango, the folder is there, and it is listed, but I needed to download the theme to make it work. Took me a minute to figure out why it's listed, why the Tango folder is there, yet won't work, until I clicked inside the tango folder. Anyway, that's what I was saying.