Automatic Updates Keep reinstalling KB956744

NoUserName

Problem is the hotfix for some reason fails to replace mstscax.dll, IDK I guess you could extract it from the hotfix and manually replace it

Here the latest mstscax.dll hotfix that will not give you that problem installing

KB972828

Edited by ricktendo64

You click the View and request hotfix downloads link

To extract XP hotfixes you use extract.exe (built into windows), not 100% sure on the cmdline switches because I use a tool called hotfix extractor (you could also launch the hotfix and try and locate the temp hotfix install folder on the root of one of your drivers)

If you do the second one you will have to rename the file: lhmstscx.dll -> mstscax.dll

Edited by ricktendo64

• 1 month later...

Please it happened again with the exact same hotfix, please may you tell me how to correctly fix this?

I've just downloaded the 2 packages and extracted both and installed both of them but did not found any thing titled hotfix extractor.

Edited by NoUserName

Problem is the hotfix for some reason fails to replace mstscax.dll, IDK I guess you could extract it from the hotfix and manually replace it

Here the latest mstscax.dll hotfix that will not give you that problem installing

KB972828

Another solution would be to upgrade rdp 6.1 and go to the Windows 7 version

rdpbox.th.png

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/969084

Edited by ricktendo64

kb956744m.th.jpg

I can not read this at all as I am only speak 1 forgin language which is English beside my local one.

It seems that I have a problem to explore the pages you are pointing me to because I did not find anything about what you were talking about. Plesae excuse my goofy and my poor information.

Is it possible that you may give me the file I need to replace!?

Thanks and sorry again for my mistake.

Edited by NoUserName

What dont you get?

It would also help if you mentioned what language OS you have

Install this hotfix for v6.1 or this update to v7 (of course you select the one for your specific Operating System's language)

Edit: I think I know maybe why you may be confused...you have to rename the file from lhmstscx.dll to mstscax.dll and replace it in system32 (may need to register it also using regsvr32 mstscax.dll)

Edited by ricktendo64