Adding Drivers and Programs

hxman

I have recently had no problems installing XPSP3 from a USB stick but had 2 outstanding issues.

Drivers - Need a bit of clarification using INSTALL_DRIVERS.CMD..........

Basically, how do I add drivers to the install?

How do I get programs to install automatically? Do I just dump them into INSTALL_PRGS directory?

Thanks

Install of Drivers and Programs is described in Section 4 of

http://www.boot-land.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=5306

Including the 5 small DriverPacks (Chipset CPU LAN MassStorage and WLAN) in your XP Setup Source is quite useful and the extra load of 36 MB of the OEM folder does not take too much time or space.

For Sound and Graphics DriverPacks the load is rather heavy and I decided then to provide the specific required drivers in $OEM$\$1\Drivers folder.

DriverForge is used automatic at T-9 to install these drivers by using UserExecute command in [setupParams] section of winnt.sif file.

In this way the extra load remains limited and all drivers are installed during XP Setup.

Post Install of Drivers can be done if needed with DriverForge provided in POST_INSTALL folder of U_XP_SET package.

The folder usb_cfg_extra provides a script for Windows Post-Install Wizard (WPI) - http://wpiw.net/

WPI is very handy for the Automatic Install of Programs after Install of XP from USB.

WPI is launched manually after XP Setup has completed and after all drivers are installed.

The Programs that you cannot install with WPI, can be installed manually from INSTALL_PRGS folder.

Edited by wimb