Creative Soundblaster WDM driver

Offler

Approximately year ago i sucessfully installed WDM driver for this soundcard, alongside with dos emulation and Surround Mixer.

Features:

Full 5.1 support

Surround Mixer and its sound effects

ASIO

EAX 2.0 (sblive 5.1)

If i remove the soundcard from the computer it will not boot, and will freeze with unreadable BSOD.

The trouble with is that i cannot reproduce installation of this driver again on fresh system installation. The driver package contains more than one driver and it is quite hard to choose among them. Some are "emulation drivers" which are intended for cheap sounblaster cards which were sold onboard...

I have chosen WDM driver rather than VXD, since win98SE does support they worked far better than VXD at least for me.

As long i remember the installation of the driver passed sucessfully, but it worked correctly only if there was previous VXD driver to replace, and it was necessary to have dos driver working (and that installation was manual vice-versa).

Have somebody here working WDM driver in Win98SE or ME?

Guest wsxedcrfv

Would the file that you're looking for be found on an original sound-blaster software CD?

If so, for what product, or what would the file name be?

I have a number of different Creative / soundblaster CD's and I can look for the file.

well, the cheat i used was probably usage of Audigy card during installation, and later the replacement with sblive, while system didnt noticed hw change, but i dont remember how exactly i tricked the system into this state.

Mostly the working ASIO efects from surround mixer, but while i tested VXD and WDM drivers for several different devices i noticed that system is more stable with WDM drivers.

Also WDM drivers are the biggest reason why i was considering upgrade to Windows 2000 and later a reason why i tested Win Vista.

At all Win2k still stands as a giant, unaffected by visual bluffs of XP, but with solid system core, which does not suffer of low developer support. But it still does not support some things which Win9x do :D