Hard Drive Speed

I have recently have gotten a new velociraptor 300 gig drive so ran a few speed tests it performed well, so I decided to try on a few different drives. I used a little program free called dskspeed. I have a Samsung HD501LJ 500 gig in that system also its scores where very low so low that a old Maxtor 100 gig sata 1 drive was faster than it, also a Seagate st350063 aos drive in this pc did a lot better on sata 1 than the Samsung did on sata 2. The system running the Samsung is a q9650 16 gig ram 2 9800 gtx cards with Vista 64 bit, The one running the Seagate and Maxtor is a amd athlon 3800 + 3 gig ram 6600 gt running win 7 64 bit. So yes maybe the program is not the best to test with but it gives a base score and that Samsung drive was 300 point below any other drive. I can’t see it being pc setup as the other drive runs great but how can an old sata 1 drive beat a new sata 2 drive for speed. I have read that they are slow drives but that slow I can’t believe it

Hi i have that program and am running the tests . My board has a ICH8R/ICH9R/CH1OR/DO controller and im trying to update it not sure what one would be the best choice the driver date it has now is 03/11/2008 ver 8.6.3.1004 i am hopeing it will help in the scores.

Thank You

Hammey