Permission Denied Error

When attempting to run WPI 7.7.0 on Windows XP 32-bit, I keep getting an Internet Explorer Script error "Permission Denied / Line 172 / Char 2 / Code 0 / URL file:///Y:/_InfoSys/Install/Utilities/WinPostInstaller/WPI/WPIScripts/installer.js"

This only happens after running the WPI program and installing any single or multiple selections of items first. I am unzipping the program from the download and adding the config.js, useroptions.js, and windowsoptions.js files to the WPI Scripts Folder. I have tried recreating new scripts by going through and recreating my entire install list and groups. I have not edited the code manually.

Thanks for any help or insight you can give me.

Trmfp

post-253626-1250604423_thumb.jpg

New_Config_Files.zip.zip

mritter:

I am running from the desktop manually after windows is installed and after I have joined our domain and mapped the network drives.

If I remove the WPI Directory entirely and extract the files from the download, I can get it to run once without any errors. If I launch WPI after that and try to install one of my programs, I get the error message.

The installer does not open and the WPI Window is blank and will not close unless I use ALT+F4.

I should also note that I am using IE8 as that gets installed during my RunOnceEx programs.

I will post a log file, although it doesn't really show any errors.

Kelsenellenelvian:

I am using the mapped drive letter in my paths.

Thanks,

Steve Gear

Edited by trmfp

Well, I am not sure why but I cannot get version 7.7.0 to work. The entire reason I was attempting to update from the earlier 7.5.0 was because of an ordering issue I was running into with that version.

I have reverted back to 7.5.0 and worked around the order problem. I guess I will stick with it for now. Nothing fantastic about my setup and it is a new build of Windows XP with just a small amount of standard software (IE8, WMP11, DotNET 3.5, and Winzip)

I would love to continue working on the problem if you have any suggestions. Otherwise I am going to setup my deployments with 7.5.0 until it no longer works and then find a newer version to test with.

Steve Gear