Windows 7 x64 vLite "extreme removal"

Jeronimo

@ Jeronimo

Hey :)

I really haven't had a lot of time for working on computer stuff since school started, but I am hoping to roll out a compatible and functional guide for this ASAP. I technically already have made a good guide, but I also want to thoroughly test it and maybe make a semi-gui before I upload. Even if that doesn't happen, I would like to at least convert it to an EXE that lets you choose parameters by selection (like 1 for packages, press 2 for cleanup, etc.)

I like the new concept of removal_custom.bat :D and I can see that it would come in handy. However, I don't know if I'll include it in the 'noob' guide. I will still keep it available though because I know that some people still want to use it as well as my guide.

EDIT: I wrote some script for a user-selection menu but I am having troubl with it. Jeronimo I know your a batch file beast could you help me out? The description is in the ZIP along with my failure batch files xD So if anyone else wants to be an early adopter you can use this, but you need to fix the problems that I can't.

help.zip

Edited by SausageHack

Hmm I can't seem to remove gadgets packages :S I keep getting this error :S

PS. any chance that anyone has one of the batch files from say a week ago because I want to check if it is only on the newer batches that it fails

post-248260-1251249903_thumb.jpg

Edited by Junior2613

@Junior2613: I have note made any changes to this part only updated the usage of the edition-parameter. The package you are referring to is the 6th on the list. One of the last packages to go correct is most likely the one causing issues for the rest. It would be pretty easy for you to disable these and see which one causes this issue.

Edited by Jeronimo

Hmm I tried removing the last package that removed successfully which is "Microsoft-Windows-LocalPack-ZA-Package" and gadget platform still can't be taken out. So I removed it from the removal list and it fails again at "InternetExplorer-Optional-Package" saying something like check arguments are correct. Then breaks at Xps Foundation saying image no longer serviceable :S

@Junior2613: You have to try a bit more, it is not that difficult (otherwise you are in the wrong forum in my opinion). As I said one of the last (6) packages prior to the error. That means you disable the last 3, test removal packages. If it works properly then re-enable 1 of those 3 step-by-step. Otherwise disable the 1st 3 as well, check again. If ok, then re-enable the last 3 again, check again. Etc., etc.

Just remember to discard the image ievery time (you can always cancel by ctrl-c). This should narrow it down for you.

@Jeronimo: Even that didn't work I tried removing the packages before the Gadgets package from the list doesn't work :S . I tried them one by one and in pairs then I removed all of them at once with the Gadgets package starting first still jams on 85.7% and then "error image no longer serviceable"

@Junior2613: that is very strange, which Windows edition are you trying this on? Ultimate x64 RTM? It also matters where you got it asmaybe it has already been modified by someone else.

Edited by Jeronimo

i bet you downloaded the exact same .iso again xD

sorry, i could not resist xD

but seriously... i get the error every time. that pack alone, with 1, 2 or 3 packs before or after... doesnt matter. even if its only that 1 package it fails to remove it :wacko:

Edited by burn