Big cheap flash drives

I'm looking to purchase a new flash drive. I've seen some really cheap (under $35) Cruzer Micro 16GB drives on eBay and other sites, but how legit are these amazing bargains? I would hate to waste money on a fake drive or cheap knockoff that can't read/write as fast or something.

but how legit are these amazing bargains?

If they're reputable, they're usually okay. The flash memory industry is growing in leaps and bounds in terms of both performance and capacity for the price. Couple that with the manufacturer's need to move inventory and people's general need to upgrade technology, and you're going to have a lot of cheap drives every place.

Like one of those links, $31 for 16GB? Not too long ago (about a year or two) I put down $20 for 2GB. If I have that kind of money, I would be tempted to upgrade, and then throw the other drive onto e-bay or the like. Since the new technology is about the same price as what I gave for it, I would have to discount my old drive, even if I didn't use it much. Now for some of these suppliers, multiply that by however many they have in inventory, and you get the picture.

They're very legit, as long as you know the seller is legit.

I bought myself a 16GB Kingston DataTraveler 100 for $50 a little while ago (here in Aus), but now they can be bought for $40. Look at it this way: an 8GB costs $25, a 16GB costs $40 and a 32GB costs $100 (all the same brand/model). The 16GB is the best value for money ATM! Can't wait til 32GB USB sticks drop under $50 :thumbup

But yeah that looks like a good price (as stuff is cheaper in USA) and does not look too good to be true at all :hello: