Non English XP, nlite problems

kobe

Hi,

I have a problem with a non-english Windows nlited. When I integrate an spanish unpdatepack in spanish Windows XP SP3 I finalize the nlite session and start another session in order to remove stuff, add addons, options, etc.

The problem is the options tabs are not applied. For exemple, I select "remove Shared Documents from My PC" but when Windows XP is installed, this option does not apply. This happens with all options and I am not sure that happens with another tab.

This not happens with an english updatepack in an english Windows Xp.

Could you help me?

Thanks

PD: Could you tell me how can I change my account password? I cannot find this option.

Hi,

I have a problem with a non-english Windows nlited. When I integrate an spanish unpdatepack in spanish Windows XP SP3 I finalize the nlite session and start another session in order to remove stuff, add addons, options, etc.

The problem is the options tabs are not applied. For exemple, I select "remove Shared Documents from My PC" but when Windows XP is installed, this option does not apply. This happens with all options and I am not sure that happens with another tab.

This not happens with an english updatepack in an english Windows Xp.

Could you help me?

Thanks

PD: Could you tell me how can I change my account password? I cannot find this option.

kobe, please attach (not paste) your Last Session.ini file and please make sure to always start with a fresh copy of your CD files/folders, to do all of your work in one nLite session (using the latest version), and to integrate only one service pack.

Every time I try this I use a fresh copy.

- First session of nlite: Integrate SP3, updatepack and drivers

- Second session of nlite: Do all other, remove components, options, tweaks, etc.

The updatepack I use contains a lot of updates, doing by this way I sure that the updates not renew the removed components. Maybe I am wrong because I do not know if this can be done in one session without problems, please tell me.

Like I said, I have not problems using this method in english version.

Thanks you

PD: Last session is created by spanish nlite language.

ASDF.ini

The updatepack I use contains a lot of updates, doing by this way I sure that the updates not renew the removed components. Maybe I am wrong because I do not know if this can be done in one session without problems, please tell me.
kobe, if I remember correctly, nLite integrates hotfixes and update packs before removing components, so you can definitely do everything in a single session without worrying about components not being removed; there is no need to do it in two separate ones. Can you give it a try and tell us your results?

Yeah, I try all-in-one session and it "works". A little inconvenient, when nlite is working gives me a message box "Hotfix you are integrating needs Automatic Updates, this will be unchecked from remove list" and another with Example Music and Directx Tool. Then I start a second session just to remove these three components and goes fine now.

Now I have a little question.

I want to replace a dll with my modified dll (compressing with cab and without compression), the problem is when the installation is copying files (after formatting, blue screen) it says dll is corrupt. I removed the dll from dosnet.ini and put it in OEM folder (it is a secondary dll) but installer still saying that cannot copy it.

Thanks

Now I have a little question.

I want to replace a dll with my modified dll (compressing with cab and without compression), the problem is when the installation is copying files (after formatting, blue screen) it says dll is corrupt. I removed the dll from dosnet.ini and put it in OEM folder (it is a secondary dll) but installer still saying that cannot copy it.

Thanks

I haven't done this in a while, but my guess is that you'd have to disable Windows File Protection (i.e., there's an option in nLite to modify the SFC_OS.DLL file and apply the registry key to accomplish this). More info here.

kobe, to change your forum password, click on My Controls in the line at the top of the forum that shows that you are 'Logged in as:'. The change PW is on the left toward the bottom.

If general, you should get no errors when running nLite. If you are, I suggest you investigate and eliminate all of them. Please attach (not paste) your complete Last Session and tell us about the specific errors you are getting (screen shots, KB #s, etc). gamehead200 is correct on disabling SFC (WFP) to install a modified DLL. Please see the Options task of nLite. He is also correct in that you should run nLite only once against the same source. There is no real need for multiple runs and more than once is asking for future trouble. Enjoy, John.

EDIT: You need to remove the Tweak "Lanzar ventanas de carpetas en un proceso separado". This exposes a Windows bug.

Edited by johnhc

Great replies!

I solved the dll problem replacing that on the updatepack not in windows source.

The last inconvenient to make my iso is the runonceex. I wrotte this on nlite:

[GuiRunOnce]
%SOURCE%Install\Install.bat

The batch file starts:

@ECHO OFF

cd %SOURCE%Install

@ECHO Instalando...
@ECHO.

@ECHO .Net Framework 2
start /wait dotnet2.exe
@ECHO Terminado
@ECHO.

@ECHO 7zip 9.04
start /wait 7z904.msi /passive
@ECHO Terminado
@ECHO.

[...]

But it cannot find those installers. At starts I wrotte %SOURCE%\Install but I read that "\" are included on %SOURCE%, then I do not know what to do.

kobe, the 7-Zip .msi file must be run by calling msiexec.exe. Here is the one from my batch (adjust the path).

msiexec /I %Source%AddOns\7z465-x64.msi /Passive
%Source%AddOns\dotnetfx35.exe /Passive /NoRestart

Don't know what is wrong with your .NET (right name, file in right folder?), but I also stuck my call in the code area. You do need the /norestart or you will get a reboot. I suggest you remove the @Echo off, so you can see what is going on. Enjoy, John.

Well, we will should put all route in the installer command "%source%\install\installit.exe"...

And the most important, password changed!!!