Future feature requests

Thx Mritter, sorry for not seeing that in the manual.

I ended up with:

cond[pn]=['getOSver()==Win7","Vista" && getBits()==64];

now it works fine, THANKS :-)

EDIT:

Actually it didnt quite work. but this did:

cond[pn]=['getBits()==64 && getOSver()==Win7"||getOSver()=="Vista&quot];

Thx again.

Edited by ICANIT

Sorry if I didn't post a reply before but I had quite a few problems with my PC, my motherboard broke and I'll have to wait an entire month until I get a replacement because the shop where I bought it is closed.

I didn't mean anything near the complexity of an applications database. What I meant was to add a tab to the config wizard to do version detection, where you specify the current version and how to detect it (registry key, file version, INI value); a tab where you specify uninstall commands to remove the older versions (and all the commands you put there are added in front of the install commands so there's nothing else to rewrite and WPI will also handle reboots) and a column to the commands page's list control where you specify if the command has to be ran only on some architectures. I can add that stuff to WPI and post the changes if that's a problem.

Edited by Francesco

Actually, it is a problem........right now. :)

I am already working on a major update to the Config wizard that will take me a little time. Don't "waste" your time doing anything yet; the code will be changed quite a bit.

I'm not against your ideas, but we need to coordinate what is done. Give me a few weeks and we will talk about this in emails. I am looking to make a HUGE release for next version, so it COULD be part of it.

• 10 months later...

I realize this is an old thread but I would like it if WPI allowed priorties: I'd like to install IE8 *before* Flash, Shockwave and Java, but also allow Flash, Shockwave and Java to install even if I don't want IE8, something dependencies in 8.0 doesn't seem to allow.