Installing all the essential softwares in single click

Hi All :hello:

I am a learning system administrator (I will never claim that I am one).

As every one knows we all are learners no one (as I believe) is perfect except Almighty.

I have 7 computer labs (370 PCs) where always I have hell of maintenance to do every day. Ghosting & Imaging both are pretty handy for my day to day maintenance operation, however I have created & slipstreamed unattended windows installation boot CD & customized according to my requirements.

Now I want to have some kind of WPI type of thing that will help me to install all the essential soft wares required in an end user's PC in just one click. Such as Office, Firefox, WinRAR, Nero, MagicISO, Google chrome, Nokia PC suite, SwishMax2, Ulead Photo studio, … … … etc, etc.

Any one with this kind of Software or idea, any script?

I would really appreciate all the help I would get from this Computer Geek's forum.

I always admire these kind of forums which those are helping ignorant guys as I am one of them.

Thanks

Zarrar Athangal

There are several ways to accomplish this. You already mentioned WPI, yourself. A good alternative (but no longer developed) is Wihu. And of course there's always the good old batch files, PowerShell, VB scripting, RunOnce(Ex), GuiRunOnce, KiXtart, et cetera.

Edited by beats

That's what WPI is all about. Make your custom Window's CD, but don't put WPI or the programs on the disc. In the cmdlines.txt, or other, put a line to call WPI from one of your servers like so:

\\Server\WPI\WPI.hta options=\\Server\WPI\useroptions.js config=\\Server\WPI\config.js

Put all your programs on the server so only have to keep those updated, not all the CDs, too. In config.js use paths that point to the server and voila!

Dear guys

Thank you so very much for your valuable input. I am looking into other options (soft wares) as well, few more hours I will be back with detailed information to share with you guys.

I am really appreciated with your both replies from BEATS & MRITTER.

So kind of you people.

Will be back ………..

Zarrar Athangal

Dear guys

Thank you so very much for your valuable input. I am looking into other options (soft wares) as well, few more hours I will be back with detailed information to share with you guys.

I am really appreciated with your both replies from BEATS & MRITTER.

So kind of you people.

Will be back ………..

Zarrar Athangal