Complete novice intalling a better processor

Yargdpirate

Ive never so much as opened the back of a computer. Do I have a snowballs chance in hell of beigg able to install a faster processor and fan into my notebook. If not, what's a cheap way to do it?

Oh, and can any chip be installed into any computer? Sorry, like I said, no expericence whatsoever.

I am not being rude at all (Or trying to be even)

No

No

No

No

No

The best way to upgrade your Processor is to by a new laptop. What make and model do you have? You can prolly add more Ram but thats all that can really help speed wise.

Laptops have very little peices that can be changed, even for a experienced tech. (Ram, Hard drive, DVD\CD drive)

Desktops have LOTS that can be changed BUT there are limitations as to what part goes with what part. (You can't put a ferrari radiator in a chevy)

Edited by Kelsenellenelvian

Some expensive / high-end models (like from DELL) do have the possibility to upgrade the CPU and GFX daughter boards, but it's not very common. Check your vendor if your specific brand/model can be upgraded.

Edited by beats

Firstly, what is the brand and model of your laptop? How fast is the current CPU? In most cases adding more RAM is a quick and easy upgrade you can do to boost performance in laptops (and desktops for that matter).

I don't think you could change the fan as just about all laptops don't have 'better' fans that can be used instead of the original as they are designed only to work with a certain laptop brand/model and cannot be replaced with fans from different laptops.