the thing that can create a qee

RandomName

well let me say this then....

messages that are not made clearer and that are droped hints for key gen or cracks will be warned one time....

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.......

Cont and the rules will be inforced. Please read them. Starting off with 3 post and asking for a key-gen is not the way things will be handled.

-Xperties

no, and take it easy

as for RandomName post

sorry but we will not tolerate warez anymore here

I know we will loose some members, but thats the price

to go public

RandomName use PM (Private Message) for that kind of

question

I have heard of turning around and putting your butt in the air, but also putting your head in the sand is just sad. Granted, I fully understand that putting cracks or even links to workarounds is not for the legally sensitive, but to not even be able to speak of something is just a little too much.

You do realize that the company you are cowering from was found guilty of breaking a federal law? Is there anyone naive enough to think that they will not again? Of course they will! And if they get punished again they will just wait until a sympathetic administration comes in and they will take their slap on the wrist. These cases last years and the people with money and patience will win in the end. It is a given that MS’s marketing has been brilliant, and that they will continue to press the envelope garnering more and more market share as they go; this the goal of pure capitalism without restraint.

But to not even be able to say “XP KeY ReCoVeRER AND DISCOVErER 5.12” seems a little too much like loss of our freedom of speech. What will be next- a MS approved list of words we can use? You can be sure Linux won’t be on it.

This is your message system and you will run it as you like, but perhaps you should take the word ‘Forum’ out of your web title; it has the connotation of the free flow of ideas. Perhaps you should consider ‘propaganda’ or ‘party line’, I am sure that the MS Thought Police will have not problem with these.

Yes we all have our opinions about M$ and just because we say no warez does not mean that we are hiding behind M$. There are thousands of other companies out there who also have software that can be cracked so we are attempting to do right for all. M$ will get their own one day for doing as they have but it is not up to us to put warez on here just to try to fight them or something. Getting cracks of any kind is stealing! Plain and simple! We are not a forum that supports theft. I think that is a better way to put it instead of cowering from M$.

Rick:rolleyes:

Oh, and BTW--about the "free speech" thing. You are right we are not a place of free speech. This is our forum...not a part of any government so we don't owe you a thing. We are a dictatorship and the admins and mods are dics who says what goes and what does not. As long as you follow our rules...you are free to say what you want!

Rick :assshake

That funny but lets look at it in a different way....

I love to speed, run red lights and if a officer stops me I would love to tell him to "go get f00ked"...but you try it and see what happenes. There called rules. Seems the world is run by them and this place is no different. We "MSFN" do not hide behind anyone or anything. If you havent noticed several boards have and are being closed down. Now we "MSFN" are not going to allow that to happen here and if you per say "freedom of speech" is what were stoping you from doing then your dam right, Were protecting out home. So the moral of the story is, you and your warez buddies can find another home. Besides your first post was about the key-gen, your second was asking for it, thus making you a "Leech" and thats not respected in this scene. To maybe shed a little more light on this sitution read the following post I made in another thread..............

I dont want to be a preacher but I want to take some time out and explain why we cant allow this, so try to follow me and if I dont explain myself well please let me know.

When a thread starts and someone has a promblem then everyone starts to throw help there way, now some time while were trying to solve a promblem some one says something about a key-gen or a crack or a patch.....now other newbies look at the thread and then they reply to it saying "i want it to"....so now by the time all this has gone on we have a thread with over 30 post (data base gone up), with none of the origanal promblem fixed or solved. Only left is admin/mod have to edit things, and a bunch of chit chat crap. It makes the board look messy and makes other think were just another board with hidden warez.

We should really all know that its out there and if they had a clue then they could find it them self or those who know people will ask in PM, but even to have anything illegal is such a risk and after the months and months of xper work and time and everyone else on this board it would be such a heart break to see something happen to this community.

And were so much closer for a new face lift....So I emplore you all please help us and understand when I reply to a post it may seem liek Im an as***** or Im being harse but its because of what Ive mentioned above, and that I personaly have asked several several times. I appreciate you all taking the time out and read this....

-XPerties

--------------------------------

Now we maintian a Tech board which means we assist those having trouble with promblems, helping or discussing the "key-gen" is not assist someone in a promblem, thats helping a cheep bastard who cant pay for there own OS get it free. This topic is been debated long enough. This is how it is, respect or leave. Would you smoke in someone house if they were a non smoker? Proabaly not, so dont smoke in ours.

Good day...

-XPerties

This is your message system and you will run it as you like, but perhaps you should take the word ‘Forum’ out of your web title; it has the connotation of the free flow of ideas. Perhaps you should consider ‘propaganda’ or ‘party line’, I am sure that the MS Thought Police will have not problem with these.

smart and clever

Thank you

That funny but lets look at it in a different way....

I love to speed, run red lights and if a officer stops me I would love to tell him to "go get f00ked"...but you try it and see what happenes. There called rules.

Besides your first post was about the key-gen, your second was asking for it, thus making you a "Leech" and thats not respected in this scene

-XPerties

Your analogy is in error: I wasn’t speeding and running red lights- I was talking about speeding and running red lights- I was not saying how it was done or even where you might find a car to speed in. You will be hard pressed to find a cop that will give you a hard time for that. My point was that to not even speak of something is a little extreme.

Also, at no point did I ask for a key gen. I don’t need one, I just reported that a current key gen was no longer working. Several online magazines report on this topic: http://www.kuro5hin.org/story/2002/2/20/2523/84913 My only intent was to report on my own experience in hopes that others would agree or disagree with my experience. There are those in the XP community that are interested in changes that MS uses to enforce their verification process.

Contrary to your belief, I am not too cheap to buy XP. Exactly the oppisite, I get MS products at a very reasonable rate directly from MS; I paid $30 for a full version of XP Pro and $70 for OfficeXP Pro. I think I paid more to RedHat for my last version of Linux.

I can certainly see and agree with your stance that you don’t want this to turn into a “I want that too…” kind of board. I also don’t hate MS for being MS. No one can fault their business acumen that made them the software powerhouse that they are. I can, however, fault their Gestapo ‘cease and desist’ tactics that make forums afraid to discuss anything anti-MS, even though most websites realize that these requests aren’t even enforceable; they are simple scare tactics, and the more people that allow their speech to be curtailed, the less informative the forum will become.

You have spoken your peace and so have I. You did run the red light, we dont allow talk about it in here thus making it a law. We will cease this thread from cont. Enjoy your stay

--Thread closed

-XPerties