Suggestions for Universal Remotes

Zxian

I'm looking to buy a universal remote (I've been looking at the Logitech Harmony series) at some point in the future, but I'm having a little trouble deciding which model, and what are the benefits of the higher model numbers over the lower ones.

I've currently got my TV, HTPC, and PS3 to deal with. I know that I'll likely need to get the PS3 adaptor if I want to use a Harmony remote, but I don't think there's any other way to deal with the PS3.

All suggestions and comments are welcome.

There's only so many brands of good universal remotes. There's Harmony of course, and the Pronto too (another popular pick, but tend to be rather pricey), and for those without budget, there's always the $15 universals with a JP1 interface...

I was going to buy a Harmony remote before, but now that we use our PCs mainly to watch movies and stuff, I don't really have a use for one anymore (the TV only gets used by gaming consoles basically)

• 1 year later...

check out control4 i love mine

I'm looking to buy a universal remote (I've been looking at the Logitech Harmony series) at some point in the future, but I'm having a little trouble deciding which model, and what are the benefits of the higher model numbers over the lower ones.

I've currently got my TV, HTPC, and PS3 to deal with. I know that I'll likely need to get the PS3 adaptor if I want to use a Harmony remote, but I don't think there's any other way to deal with the PS3.

All suggestions and comments are welcome.

• 1 year later...