Working with unresponsive computers at work

iceangel89

i am actually getting quite frustrated with my work. 1st theres bad code, 2nd theres very unresponsive computers... what will u do if when u type something and it takes 5sec or more to appear on screen? then when u click close on the browser it can hang for >1min to close or minimize? since simple interactions like typing and clicking cannot be handled, u can imagine how irritating it can be to do real work? like exporting/importing a db, executing sql statements etc?

Mate, sounds like the PC's at your work need a good clean. Virus scan, spyware scan, uninstall/delete stuff not needed, cclean (using ccleaner), then a disk defrag.

Edited by Zenskas

format, clean install.

Depending on system specs etc, add more ram.

I second that.

Yes it probably needs a reformat but I always recommend a good clean first as it is possible to get the PC back like new if enough cleaning is done. (basically redoing everything-update drivers and patch system, virus scan, clean off everything not needed etc) Can take a while but I know my PC runs exactly the same as it did half a year ago because it is regularly maintained.

But I doubt it is the network in the country that is at fault. Maybe the clients network setup but not the whole countries.

Edited by Zenskas

Maybe the clients network setup but not the whole countries.

i think he say that as an excuse.

format, clean install.

its a client so called usable server, actually without any server hardware :) i think its P4 still LOL since its client's i cannot format. but sometimes i really want to ...

btw. where are pictures showing smashed up hdd's? i think i kind of like them ... for de-stress :D :D :D :D :D :D

Dont be in too big a hurry to discount the network.

My user ID is my Amateur Radio Callsign so I'll chuck in something from my experience of RF.

If damp/muck has got into the network system you will get corrosion which will attenuate the signal causing repeat sends of data packets.

The faster the network the higher the frequency (Into the UHF spectrum) the greater the losses for a given amount of corrosion.

Try plugging/unplugging the cables to clean up the contacts as a starter.

Of course the above tips can only help.

Just my ten penn'orth

Tony