I386 Testing

W3bbo

I've just finished off the code for patching I386 collections, but it needs some testing. Testing in a VM on a single computer can only get you so far. I'm wondering, who'se able to do some more intensive testing on the modified I386 dirs?

I hope to get the next beta out by Monday evening (UTC) or maybe Tuesday.

Will all those who volunteered to do translations get back to me as soon as you can; and if you're fluently bilingual with English why not volunteer yourself?

Edited by W3bbo

Well I have to reinstall XP on Virtualbox because I need it to make and test XP visual styles. I can try I386 patching if you want.

Just a question: do I need a clean source, this means a SP3 CD with no update packs and no removals?

Well I have to reinstall XP on Virtualbox because I need it to make and test XP visual styles. I can try I386 patching if you want.

Just a question: do I need a clean source, this means a SP3 CD with no update packs and no removals?

It'll have to be an SP3 CD, but it should work regardless of any extras pre-installed; but ideally you'd run this before anything else.

• 1 month later...
When I xpize a Windows XP Pro SP3 x86 disc and install it to my virtual machine I decided to check out all the new icons. When I looked at the clock I noticed something was missing. The AM/PM selection is not there.

2iv0lle.jpg

Ahh whoops. I only tested it with European date format settings. In Europe we use 24-hour time (without the AM/PM specifier) I must have overlooked it. I'll fix it in Release 5.

I don't know, if that clock is changed only on I386 patching or with some specific visual styles - but on my xpized VM the clock is normal like before.

(Maybe the reason for that is also this caching or wrong icon directory information problem.)

But I have to say, that I don't like the new clock skin much. I would prefer a clock, like it is on Vista, way more.

It might be not so easy, because of the clock hands, which have to be changed then also.

But maybe its not so hard any more, if you found a solution for that issue. :)

I don't know, if that clock is changed only on I386 patching or with some specific visual styles - but on my xpized VM the clock is normal like before.

(Maybe the reason for that is also this caching or wrong icon directory information problem.)

If you're using German Windows XP you won't see it, only English Windows XP gets the new time/date control panel. Same goes for System Performance settings.

If you're using German Windows XP you won't see it, only English Windows XP gets the new time/date control panel. Same goes for System Performance settings.

I see.

Is this a current state? Or will you bring this feature also for other versions?

I would appreciate such an exchange in the German version also, but only if you can replace the image with the Vista clock. - Otherwiese I think I am more happy with the standard xp clock. :)

But I have to say, that I don't like the new clock skin much. I would prefer a clock, like it is on Vista, way more.

It might be not so easy, because of the clock hands, which have to be changed then also.

But maybe its not so hard any more, if you found a solution for that issue. :)

ho my god...

a virtual machine NEVER emulates a REAL windows installation...

keep in mind that