Motherboard running hot?

My P5Q PRO is running at 39-40 on just browsing and reading email. usually 35-40 on idle. My cpu is running at 28-32 idle. I am 100% sure its the Gefore 9800 GTX+, the + means extra heat I presume. I have a fan in the front and another in the back creating airflow but the mobo just runs at 39 mostly. It drops to 30-32 if I take the side off. I can add more fans if needed.

I really want to know if this 40C all the time is bad. :hello:

EDIT: Everest is reporting the temps. Asus Probe confirms.

Edited by Access Denied

Its not that bad really. 40C at idle for your motherboard is quite acceptable. If it does not go over twice that under load then it should be fine. Mine is running at 35C right now at idle and is definitely plenty stable. My CPU is at 30C. PC components can run very hot with 90C being the max for some parts.

I'll leave Real Temp running and see what it says in the morning. (high reached)

I have it OC'd to 3.37 but under 100% constant stress for over 20 min I am reading @ 60C and holding. That alone tells me I could easily go higher, but I am extremely satisfied at this speed.

Edited by Access Denied

If it is OC'ed a little bit (3GHz-3.37GHz) on stock cooling (I assume) and getting 60C after 20mins full load then I reckon you are good to go! Your PC seems to be running nice and cool :thumbup

I left it under load all night and just closed it down. Max reached at over 9 hours was 64C.

EDIT: Thanks for the nice comments. The motherboard seems to have dropped to 34-35 instead of 39-40 the last two days. Its actually been hotter here both days. Maybe I just needed to break them in.

EDIT 2: 374 FSB to pump out 3.366

Edited by Access Denied