How to migrate from old version nlite to new?

quest221

As far as I know, the old version configuration file of nlite(LAST SESSION.INI) can't be used in the new nlite. I encoutered some problem when I just import the old "LAST SESSION.INI" to the new nlite.

After that, I have to select the remove item in the new nlite one by one, it is very inconvenient. So I want to konw is there any method or tools to migrate the old "LAST SESSION.INI" to the new.

Thanks in advance!

I don't know which version you use now, but I never had that problem. I think I'm using nLite since version 1.4 and I just install newer version over old and presets always worked fine.

Cheers ;)

I found nLite pretty good at adjusting to new settings. I have one configuration that suits my needs that I basically carried over for years. When a setting is depreciated (or spelling mistakes corrected!) it is silently deleted or modified. At one time I experimented with recreating same configuration from scratch and it was identical. OK, there is still pretty big chance I haven't hit the right (or wrong :rolleyes:) combination of settings, but it's enough for me.

Sometimes I still encounter minor glitches (not applying tweaks), but as long as installation completes, most of them can be corrected, and I believe it's Windows fault, not nLite's.

Plus, I think (I'm not 100% sure as I've never used it or I used it long time ago) you can import last session.ini on a page by page basis.

GL