Solved: "Missing User-ROM ?" error when installing new MB

Redhatcc

had a customer with a bad motherboard, i replaced it with a new socket 478 mb. she wanted to do a fresh install so i booted to xp disk, deleted partition, and continued the process and got the error "Unable to partition hard drive" so i though maybe swap hard drives with another one and see if it works with installing windows on it, and i would just ask the customer to buy a new hard drive if it does work.

Well i installed the new hdd and went to power on the computer. The bios detects the hard drive and the cd-rom, but i went to "F9" to select boot option and got the error "Missing User-ROM?" .

Figured ok i'll pop the hard drive back out. Same thing. I unplugged the hard drive, cd-rom, and cleared the bios via removing the battery, same error each time. Everything worked good until i changed the hard drives out. This is about a 4 year old machine.

What i have tried: Installing a new hard drive afterwards, unplugging the cd-rom, changing cd's i was using, swapping ram a few times, clearing the bios via removing the battery.

Flashing bios? As last line of defense of course. I think about damaged block in eeprom. Hope it is a logic error, not hardware.

EDIT: Do you happen by accident to have something plugged in the PCI slot? Like a crash/recovery card?

Edited by go6o_kara

EDIT: Do you happen by accident to have something plugged in the PCI slot? Like a crash/recovery card?

yes, it came with the other computer and i transferred it over.

Edit:

Took the card out and it worked fine. I dont know why i didnt think about taking the card out, thank you go6o_kara for the solution and others for the help :D