[Solved] Integrating updates

Angelico_Payne

When I try to integrate IE7 into source installation files i get an error & "help" or "/? switch" screen from IE package itself.

I know IE7 can be integrated so my question is, what am I doing wrong?

I have IE7 standalone version installation package, which I downloaded from MS via Autopatcher tool.

Do I need a slipstreamable version of IE7 installation package?

Edited by Angelico_Payne

Angelico_Payne, this sounds like IE8 (RC can't be integrated). Are you sure you have IE7? Please attach your Last Session.ini, so we can see the exact IE7 file you are using. Enjoy, John.

EDIT: You should be using:

IE7-WindowsXP-x86-enu.exe

Size: 14.7 MB (15,452,536 bytes)

MD5: EA16789F6FC1D2523F704E8F9AFBE906

Please let us know the status of the problem - fixed (and how) or what. If it remains unresolved, please post a screen shot of the error message. Thanks, John.

Edited by johnhc

Angelico_Payne, as you can see there is no /integrate:path switch, so you must have the wrong installer. Did you check the name, size and MD5 against what I posted in my Edit? We would like to see your .ini. Enjoy, John.

g-force, since the /integrate switch is missing, the update cannot be integrated by nLite. It seems like Angelico_Payne uses SP2 but not SP3. English may not be the language but when we see the .ini, we should know. Enjoy, John.

roadrunner64, OK, I am beginning to understand. I looked at mine (XP x64) and the x86 one at MS DL Center and neither has the /integrate switch. I still successfully integrate IE7 via Hot Fixes in nLite. Apparently nuhi understood this problem some time ago, because I have no problem now and have heard of none. I still suspect Angelico_Payne has the wrong installer. We await attaching of the .ini. Thanks, roadrunner64, John.

Sorry for time delay, here is the lastsesssion file contents

[Main]
Env = 1.4.9.1 - 2.0.50727.1434.Microsoft Windows NT 6.0.6001 Service Pack 1
Target = Windows XP Professional SP3 - 5.1.2600.5512 - English (United States)

[Tasks]
Hotfixes and Update Packs

[Components]
;# Compatibility #

[KeepFiles]
msconfig.exe

[RemoveFiles]
clock.avi
yahoo.bmp
swtchbrd.bmp

[Options]
ProfilesDir = "%SystemDrive%\Documents and Settings"
TargetPath = "WINDOWS"
temp_dir = %USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Temp

[Patches]
TcpIp = 1000
DoUxTheme

[Services2]

[Tweaks]

[Unattended]
ComputerType = Automatic
MaximumDataStorePercentOfDisk = 12
RestorePointLife = 30
DesktopTheme = Default||
AutoUDay = 5
AutoUHour = 15
ProgFilesPath = "\Program Files"

[NetAdapter1]
connname = ""
macaddress = ""
ipaddress = "192.168.0.1"
subnetmask = "255.255.255.0"
defaultgateway = ""
dnsserver1 = ""
dnsserver2 = ""
winsserver = ""
netbiossetting = "0"
ipxnetworknumber = "00000000"
ipxnetworkframetype = "0xFF"

[GuiRunOnce]

[Drivers]

[Hotfixes]
D:\New Folder\IE7-WindowsXP-x86-enu.exe

Edited by Angelico_Payne

Angelico_Payne, I see you are running under Vista - 32 or 64 bit? This may be the problem. Can you try it under XP? Have you checked the size and MD5 I posted earlier? If not, please do and let us know. Enjoy, John.

Johnhc, Vista x64. But thinking the problem may be there, have also tried under XP pro SP3 x32, using Vmware resulting in same issue.

I downloaded from main site, and redownloaded using g-force's link (which is the same if I might add). I need hash calculator for checking MD5?

I dont get why it doesnt work, when same file of IE and same nlite version, works for other. I cant seem to find cause. And I am out of ideas. Only thing left is to try to this nliting on nonnlited XPx32 system host.

EDIT: MD5 Hash checked out fine.

Edited by Angelico_Payne

Angelico_Payne, I'm with you - can't get any traction. Please attach the Last Session.ini for your try under XP on VMware. I don't know how nLite detects that the hot fix is IE7, but perhaps it uses the name, so be sure your name is the same as the original. Did you check the MD5 on nLite after DL? Good luck, John.

@Angelico_Payne

By checking your LS.ini I see you only integrate IE7, no other tasks done with nLite.

Did you pre-run nLite against this source? If you do so you might get errors.

You should do all the nLite-tasks in only one nLite-run.

i tried manually and I get error stating : extracted packages cannot be integrated, the /integrate switch must be used with the original software update package.

g-force, yes I acctually first removed components from XP, up to point where it is 206MB in size, then when I installed on VM, tested it, and when I was sufficiently convinced that there are no issues caused by reducing size/funcionality I decided to continue. My idea was to add WMP11+hotfixes, then in second run IE7 and hotfixes, 3rd run postSP3 updates and hotfixes, and then add .NET framework. As you can see I am stuck at 2nd run.

I did try to do all (except .NET) at once, and as a result i got BSOD error on some T-stage. So i thought maybe I should try one step at the time, so I would be able to localize problem.

johnhc, yes everything is hash ok, it is something that i am doing that is causing this issue, it is not related to validity of soft.

Will try again, at report back, tanx for ideas guys.

Angelico_Payne, if you are making multiple runs against the same source folder, then that is probably your problem. Please attach your latest Last Session after running a complete process (using fresh source) except for .NET and let us know what happens. If you get a BSOD, please post the error code. I see your same result when I try to direct integrate the extracted IE8. Enjoy, John.