medion wim 2170, has a blank white screen

starcraftmaster

hello

for some reson my laptop screen has died

when i start the laptop it has a blank white screen and it fades away and half the right screen is blue and half left screen is black (what it should be)

this happaned when one day i turned the computer on and then it frooze during start up and then i restarted by holding the turn off botton and then restarted and then it booted fine but i went to my account and then it frooze Lol so i hold the turn off button on for a few secs and it went off and now when i turn on the laptop back on it does the white screen thing

laptop : medion wim 2170

graphics card:can't remeber but will find out soon

LCD screen:unsure

this is not the main computer i use so i dont know much about it

i hope i can fix this since this laptop is out of warranty

if this happaned a few mouths before it would have been in warranty still Lol damm

plus the battary changer has died before but we got a new since it was under warranty

i will never buy from aldi again thats for sure!

That doesn't sound too promising really. Its doubtful you'll be able to fix it without replacing the display. It is possible that the connection is lose inside the notebook. Has this been moved into or out of a very cold or freezing area recently?

lol got a email from aldi and guess what they told me

To remedy this issue you have reported you will be required to perform a factory restore, please be advised that the Factory Restore procedure will erase the contents of your C:\ hard drive and restore it to the state in which it was at the time of purchase. This means that you will need to make a backup of any data you wish to retain.

If you would like support with backing up your system, (this is comes under the category of Level 2 Paid for Support). A company called Nerd Central can provide aid for you in this matter. If you wish to contact them in regards to pricing or queries in any other issue, they may be contacted on 02 8425 1414 and can be visited on www.nerdcentral.com.au or email: helpdesk@nerdcentral.com.au

The following steps will tell you how to apply Factory Setting using the Application and Support CD:

1) Insert the APPLICATION AND SUPPORT CD into the CD/DVD-ROM Drive.

2) Restart the computer.

3) Select Boot from CD ROM option.

4) A Warning screen will appear, press Next.

6) The next screen will appear with two options: System Recovery with Data Backup (backs up and restores content of each users My Documents folder) or System Recovery Without Data Backup (All files on the C drive are deleted). You will then receive two warnings where you must choose Finish to begin the Factory Restore process.

Once this is finished, the computer will restart itself and will be restored back to factory settings.

If you are still having any problems or queries please do not hesitate to contact us quoting your Customer Service Number, 211667.

WOW helpful

lol they didit even read my email and as you can see , my problom is that i cant see any thing at all on the screen and i cant do no thing at all on the laptop

gee aldi are great

It is probably the inverter, not the display itself. Is the black side of the screen really non powered or is lighted up in black? If is not powered it means that one of the lights is gone as well. Or its power supply. Anyway, a technician must check it. I have no idea how this kind of service is priced in your area, so better ask first.

ok well hes a pic of it just to make sure we all know what it is and we sure its a hard ware problom(which 99% sure Lol) when i leave it on for about 30 secs and all the white stuff fades away and leaves half blue and half black screen

and yes it both sides are powered on so its not a light i guess

it appears to somes time to fade to half black and half blue but now its just fading to black most of the time

post-209395-1236864000_thumb.jpg

Edited by starcraftmaster