Where can i get a large list of HTML tags so i can print them....

I have a new school subject next year called Web development and i want to learn in advance so i won't have to worry next year :D!

I also wanted to ask which program is good for typing HTML code i currently use Notepad :S !

Thanx in advance

cheerzzz from Slovenia

Where can i get a large list of HTML tags so i can print them....

Go go google, type "list of html tags", then either hit "i feel lucky" or go to the first link. Tons of similar pages around. Either ways, it's easy to remember all the useful ones, and you likely won't need that.

i want to learn in advance

Well, no idea what the course actually covers, but start by going to a place like w3schools.com and go through the tutorials. You'll be writing basic pages in no time flat, it's actually very easy.

I also wanted to ask which program is good for typing HTML code i currently use Notepad :S !

2 things:

1. HTML isn't code, nor is writing HTML programming (doesn't get compiled or anything). It's simply markup.
  2. Editor wise, it's very much a personal choice, some like notepad, others like fancy IDEs with syntax highlighting, folding, intellisense and such (plus site management features and what not), and there's tons of others in-between both extremes.

Anyways. You'll grasp HTML in no time flat, but it's only the very beginning. Next, you gotta learn CSS (make sure you do get a good understanding of the box model), Javascript (and possibly related frameworks e.g. jQuery), various server-side technologies (to generate the pages, along with databases and all), and there's still plenty more one can learn beyond that (e.g. flash, silverlight, etc)

HTML isn't code, nor is writing HTML programming (doesn't get compiled or anything). It's simply markup.

That's incorrect.

HTML is code, even if it's base is as a markup language. You're thinking of code in your habitual usage of the word, although in his statement, it's technically correct: "A markup language is a set of codes that give instructions... " (Source: Wikipedia). Also see the definition of code.

Furthermore, I fail to see where he mentioned or even vaguely made the illusion that he thought writing HTML was programming.

Edited by jcarle