ATI Radeon Driver for Windows 2000

blackwingcat

I customized ATI Driver for Windows 2000.

ATI Radeon Driver for Windows2000

ATI Radeon Legacy Driver for Windows2000

I checked HD3450, HD4550, HD4870 and HD4890 to work on Windows 2000. :thumbup

1. Expand ATI Driver for Windows 2000, on desktop.

2. Click Start, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel.

3. Double-click System, click the Hardware tab, and then click Device Manager.

4. Double-click the Display Adapter to expand it.

5. Right-click the VGA device, and then click Properties.

6. On the Driver tab, click Update Driver.

7. In the Upgrade Device Driver Wizard dialog box, click Next.

8. Click Display a list of the known drivers, and then click Next.

9. Select Disk Button and Select Win2000 ATI Driver on Desktop.

10. Click Next to confirm that you have selected the correct driver.

11. Click Finish to complete the installation of the new driver.

March 2010. ATI Catalyst Legacy 10.2 Driver Released

2, Dec 2010. ATI Catalyst Legacy 10.11 Driver Released

Edited by blackwingcat

• 1 month later...

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Need Help for good Drivers from HD 3850 to use with Windows 2000

PC System:

CPU: Athlon XP 3200+

RAM: 3 GB (3x1GB PC 400 CL2 G.Skill)

Board : Epox 8KRA2+

Enermay Liberty Power Supply (over 600 Watt)

WD Raptor 740 ( 2X) as Raid 1 on SATA

Graphics Card : ATI Radeon HD 3850 AGP (Sapphire)

OS: Win 2K +SP4 and Rollup for Sp4 Include all Fixes for Win 2K

Use this PC System for Gaming an Online Gaming ,but i will not change Windows 2000 to Win XP

Need best or latest Driver for Graphics Card with Windows 2000

Latest Driver ,need Omega (latest Version) ,but graphics was not good to play it (any errors and not good details see, Pixel Shader error ,etc. )

Anyone and idea where Driver can use ?

With kind regards

Weller

Finally a graphics driver for my 4870x2 card! Thank you SO much!!! :thumbup

Edit: just to add there wasn't a Display Adapter listed on my PC, so I had to choose one of the display devices that had a question mark next to it and update the driver from there... in fact I had to do it twice, with the VGA compatible display device too. Then it worked, although it's 16 bit rather than 32 bit colour depth only, but hey, it's better than 640x480 8-bit graphics eh?

Edited by Captain Fantastic

• 1 month later...

I think most stable radeon driver version is 9.8.

My Windows 2000 sometimes freezed with version 9.9.

Finally a graphics driver for my 4870x2 card! Thank you SO much!!! :thumbup

Edit: just to add there wasn't a Display Adapter listed on my PC, so I had to choose one of the display devices that had a question mark next to it and update the driver from there... in fact I had to do it twice, with the VGA compatible display device too. Then it worked, although it's 16 bit rather than 32 bit colour depth only, but hey, it's better than 640x480 8-bit graphics eh?

Hi, Captain Fantastic.

I know there are some problem with crossfire.

Soon I'll buy HD5870x2.

• 2 months later...

Hi there!

I have an ATI All-in-wonder HD (3650) PCI-e graphics card that I'm trying to use with Windows 2000 SP4. I tried using the Radeon Win 2K drivers on Blackwingcat's website but I could not get any of them to work. Upon reboot, I keep getting the blue screen of death! I was wondering if any of those drivers will work with PCIe cards or are they all for AGP only? If so, does any one have any idea where I can get a Win2K PCIe driver for my card?

Thanks so much.

Edited by abehu

• 2 weeks later...
7th,Mar ATI Catalyst 9.3 Driver for Win2000 Released.

Thank you for these, I have quite a few win 2000 boxes with Radeon cards (using 9550, x1650XT and 3x HD4650's) and have been quite unhappy with what ATI[AMD] have done over this as I have been a long time user and always happy with AMD.

The result being that I have 3 9500 GT cards (got one day when I had said I would never use ATI again) sitting doing nothing and a Core 2 Duo box running XP pro as a test box that never seems to do any work, or even get switched on.

I used to have a go at the driver/installer myself until I gave up some time ago, its nice to see someone else doing a better job ;-)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi, hzlee.

What version did you use ?

My PCI Express HD 3450 Works these drivers.

Hi Blackwingcat, I'm having problem with mobility radeon hd 3450. Tried some of the drivers listed in your blog but gt blue screen of death after reboot. any solution? thanks...

Edited by blackwingcat

• 9 months later...

Still using some versions from your site almost without any problems.

With my x1650XT PCIe and HD4650's.

Using ATI/AMD 9.12 ATI 9.12 beta 2 fixed win2k driver has been faultless.

But the 10.1 versions has some problems with the x1650XT PCIe card when on my server 2003 box.

Just kept saying no driver found ?

I might have another go, but TBH it works so well as is why change ?

• 6 months later...

Good morning/afternoon Blackwing and thanks for keeping ATI cards running on W2k.

I have been trying to install your latest Catalyst drivers for my AGP HD 4670. I installed the KB829884 for Windows 2000 executable listed on your site then the Catalyst 11.05. The drivers apparently get installed but after I reboot the monitor displays with only standard VGA mode drivers and I tried several times. DXDiag does not show any display tab either after this. The Catalyst 10.11 install fine but when I try to save a game in Fallout 3 the computer BSOD. Your Catalyst 10.05 work fine so far with no issues but would like to try new drivers.

I am running W2K SP4, Feb. 2010 DirectX, AGP HD 4670. I tried installing your June 2010 DirectX but I am having trouble as well.

Hope you can help. Thanks in advance.

Hi, algeeba.

AGP HD 4xxx series also have many problem on Windows XP.

Some Japanese said same thing as you on My blog .

If BSod cause of DirectX's extended function, Your Catalyst goes to work fine, when you install my DirectX Extension Package.

Dx9W2kFx14a.exe

I think stable Catalyst drivers are 9.4/9.7/9.10/(10.2)/10.5/10.7.

Good morning/afternoon Blackwing and thanks for keeping ATI cards running on W2k.

I have been trying to install your latest Catalyst drivers for my AGP HD 4670. I installed the KB829884 for Windows 2000 executable listed on your site then the Catalyst 11.05. The drivers apparently get installed but after I reboot the monitor displays with only standard VGA mode drivers and I tried several times. DXDiag does not show any display tab either after this. The Catalyst 10.11 install fine but when I try to save a game in Fallout 3 the computer BSOD. Your Catalyst 10.05 work fine so far with no issues but would like to try new drivers.

I am running W2K SP4, Feb. 2010 DirectX, AGP HD 4670. I tried installing your June 2010 DirectX but I am having trouble as well.

Hope you can help. Thanks in advance.

Edited by blackwingcat