Musical drive letters

videobruce

"compmgmt.msc" is Computer Management. You used the terms "manage" and "disk management". Neither is the same as the phase "Computer Management". Using terms as "manage" & "disk management", tells me you are talking about something else. CM was probably excluded from the options since I didn't see the need to have it there when the install disk was created. There is enough crap scattered all over the place as it is, I don't need three or four places to access the same feature as M$ seems to insist on having.

I appreceate your help, but using other terms only confuses things more than they already are.

Edited by videobruce

As stated, Disk Management is a TREE entry under Computer Management (kind of an Explorer-type view). Nothing confusing about it. You will also see an entry (on the left-side) showing the Shares and their names.

P.S. - Computer Management shows dang near everything in it's display.

Anyway, I deleted the shares that were orginally created, I removed the names for the four partitions under 'My Computer' that changed them back to the default 'Local Disk' (useless name). I then recreated a new share for each aprtition, but I didn't rename the drive.

I see the renamed partitions by typing in the computer name in the address bar, but no drive letters as before. I went back and renamed the partitions in 'My Computer', but when I went back to typing in the computer name, the O/S hangs and nothing is found.

Ok, what happened?

Edited by videobruce