Changing the default location of the 'Temp' folder

videobruce

Under the 'Options/General/Folders' entry for the 'Temporary folder', I want to change that buried location to the root of 'C'.

Do I just change it to "Temp" removing everything before that line, or should it be "C:/Temp"?

Reason being, I access that folder all the time since that is usually where unpacked '.exe' programs and drivers wind up durning an install process. I will save those files in the orginal uninstalled folder for that program or driver so as to save time when I use that program or driver next time. IOW's, I don't have to go through the unpacking process every time.

videobruce, I think you should change it to %SystemDrive%\Temp. This will be C:\Temp if you install Windows on the first drive/partition and is more flexible in case you decide later to move your install to another drive. Enjoy, John.

videobruce, %SystemDrive% is an environmental variable and will resolve to C: if Windows is installed on your C disk. If you will open a Run dialog (Start-Run) and type %SystemDrive%, a Windows Explorer window will open to C:\. I don't know if you can specify Temp as WINDOWS is, but give it a try and let us know what happens. Enjoy, John.

Will do.

Between the "Home" drive and "System" drive commands, what does the addition or absence of the backslash represent?

IOW's, what is the difference between "C:\" and "C:"?

Edited by videobruce