Question about adding programs to unattended install

chewy

If the dvd of vista that I have already has sp1 included, do I still need to follow the SP1 slipstream guide on the forums?

Also, I looked around on the forums a bit but I couldn't figure out how to word this question:

I have a lot of programs that I want to install automatically after vista installs, and before windows loads. Is the RunOnce program what i want to use?

Is there a better way? Or is there a FAQ for using the RunOnce program?

Thanks for your time, and feel free to point me in the right direction and lock this post if I'm just blind and didn't see the obvious posts on the forums!

If the dvd of vista that I have already has sp1 included, do I still need to follow the SP1 slipstream guide on the forums?

No

Also, I looked around on the forums a bit but I couldn't figure out how to word this question:

I have a lot of programs that I want to install automatically after vista installs, and before windows loads. Is the RunOnce program what i want to use?

Is there a better way? Or is there a FAQ for using the RunOnce program?

Thanks for your time, and feel free to point me in the right direction and lock this post if I'm just blind and didn't see the obvious posts on the forums!

No. However, you can probably make a bat file that vista can run once you log in, and from there you could add/install your apps or whatever you can add to that script. Once again, this is Vista not XP. Another recommendation is NOT to install apps that can do the same thing. For instance, having 3+ media (as in audio/video) players, when 1 or 2 can do the job. Having 2 more web browsers or email clients. 1 video decoding pack is enough, and try to remove components you wont be using ;)

Edited by Chrno