XP SP3 produces debugging messages *resolved*

Guest msfnnewbie

Guest msfnnewbie

Everytime I just a clean nLite session to either slipstream SP3 and add unattended details, nlite causes a weird side effect in the produced ISO that I can't figure out how to stop.

After using nLite to make a bootable ISO, the resulting install has 3 differences from what would be expected of a normal install:

a) when WinXP is booting, verbose text of loading of drivers (black bg) scroll by, like it does when you boot in safe Mode -- this doesn't happen with a regular install and is driving me crazy!

b) after A. happens, the WinXP loading screen appears, as normal

c) a welcome-screen-like solid-blue background screen comes up, saying that scandisk has checked c:\ and everythign is fine (only shows on screen for 1-2seconds) -- this shouldn't happen every boot. OR if it does, it doesn't normally get shown on screen!!!

d) My windows versions shows on my lower right corner of my desktop, EVEN when I haven't chosen that nLite tweak/customization in the nLite menu (even when skipping that category entirely on a fresh nlite install).

Please help me figure out why A-C & D are happening when I'm not making any changes in nLite that should be resulting in any of those 3 things. Source of my install is from a CD retail version of XP SP1 that I do all my current installs from -- and doesn't result in any of these things on it's own.

---

UPDATE: Resolved. Apparently there are older pre-release copies of of the SP3 executable on the microsoft website. The 350MB version apparently enables really annoying debugging messages. The correct SP3 executable should only be 316MB. Double check before you download. I don't recall there being any indication it wasn't the release version.

Sorry to those who were upset I erased my post. Just didn't want to clog the forum with such a bizarre issue.

Edited by msfnnewbie

Guest msfnnewbie
Sure you'r not using a modified source? Try using windows xp wo SP1.

SP1 was integrated to the retail CD at the factory. Therefore I cannot remove SP1 from the source. This is a hologramed factory pressed original CD. I use it for my regular installs and none of the above issues happen.

msfnnewbie, I suspect you have nLited your source more than once. You should always start with a fresh copy of your CD files/folders and do all your work in one nLite session. I had the symptom of the Windows Version on my DT and it was caused by nLiteing the same source more than once. I would also respectfully suggest that you not hint your problems are nLite bugs. Please do some reading and searching these forums. I think you will find several with similar problems. Also, in the future please attach (not paste) your LastSession.ini. Enjoy, John.

Now, let's talk about this idea of:

1) removing one's post

2) changing the title of the thread to a menaingless something like "resolved"

@msfnnewbie

you understand that this way :

• the people that actually tried to help you look like complete fools?
  • anyone having the same problem you had will NOT be able to find this thread?
  • even if they would find it, there is not a solution?

The above is - to say the least :angry: :

1. unhelpful
  2. selfish
  3. irritating

The idea of a forum is to ask and give help and to LET the (hopefully :) ) found solution posted, in order for other people with the same or similar problem to find a reference......

jaclaz

Edited by jaclaz

Yep, let us rejoice. :)

We have back some information that might be useful in the future, at least to those poor blocks that would have downloaded 350 Mb on a 56 K connection only to find out they got a wrong file.

Hmmm, actually no, on second thought that won't help them :whistle: , as they will come here only after having downloaded the wrong file...:w00t:

....but on the other hand a lot of people will be happy to be able to post

...you should have serched the board BEFORE that

;)

More seriously, it's interesting to know how our friends at MS appear to be so overwhelmed by the amount of bits and ends they have for download that they lost track of an old version laying around....

Thanks for the info. :thumbup

jaclaz