[SOLVED] Windows XP Service Pack 1 downlaod URL

Ascii2

I am looking for the URL for Windows XP Service Pack 1 that once worked to download the English version of Windows XP Service Pack 1 form Microsoft Corporation. The URL likely no longer refers to a valid location.

I have been having great difficulty locating it.

I tried searching MSFN.org forums for older threads containing the URL, but the forum search feature would error on query.

What was the URL of Windows XP Service Pack 1?

Note: The Windows XP Service Pack 1 download URL is not the Windows XP Service Pack 1a download URL.

Edited by Ascii2

Besides if you really want MS-Java (why?) it can be "added" back in (even with SP2/3).
I realize that. I install Microsoft Java Virtual Machine after an installation of Windows 2000 Professional with Service Pack 4.

Though i still dont see the point of in using an outdated SP1 when service packs are cumulative.
The service pack is used to have applied cumulative patches and also to modify operating system functions that would not be done with simple patches. Edited by Ascii2

Though i still dont see the point of in using an outdated SP1 when service packs are cumulative.
XP SP3 requires that SP1 or SP2 be installed, or SP3 can be integrated w/ no prerequisite service pack on the slipstreamed source. It's not uncommon to have a CD writer.. I integrate SP3 of course, instead of wasting time installing previous service packs.

Vista SP2 isn't exactly cumulative either, it will require SP1 because they were too cheap or lazy to make a separate service pack for Server 2008.

XP SP3 requires that SP1 or SP2 be installed, or SP3 can be integrated w/ no prerequisite service pack on the slipstreamed source. It's not uncommon to have a CD writer.. I integrate SP3 of course, instead of wasting time installing previous service packs.

Vista SP2 isn't exactly cumulative either, it will require SP1 because they were too cheap or lazy to make a separate service pack for Server 2008.

You have been misinformed. SP3 IS cumulative and does not require any service pack to be installed. SP1a or greater must be installed on the OS handling the slipstream process but other than that, everything else can be plain ol' RTM

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...;displaylang=en

System Requirements

* Supported Operating Systems: Windows XP Home Edition ; Windows XP Professional Edition ; Windows XP Service Pack 1; Windows XP Service Pack 2

little SP3 FAQ that clears up the other misconceptions people have about SP3:

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showto...mp;#entry785968