windows xp x64 and nlite

checom

I'm having a problem slipstreaming SP3 into my OEM XP64 Pro SP1 install.. It goes through the motions of extracting the service pack, then a slight pause, and an error box saying some or all of the files were not added etc..

I have a jpg of the error box, but it's at home right now (and I'm at work)..

I will update and attach the jpg tonight if necessary.

Ideas anyone???

I'm having a problem slipstreaming SP3 into my OEM XP64 Pro SP1 install.. It goes through the motions of extracting the service pack, then a slight pause, and an error box saying some or all of the files were not added etc..
Where did you get the SP3 for Windows XP x64? AFAIK Micriosoft didn't yet release a Service Pack 3 for their 64bit Operating Systems Windows XP x64 and Windows Server 2003 x64.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/lifecycle/servicepacks.mspx

Windows Server 2003 SP1 SP2 March 13, 2007 No further updates planned

One must remember XP 64 is based on 2003 codebase, and relatively speaking it is not that long time ago since sp2 for xp x64.

IF there is to be a SP3 xp x64, i dont believe we'll see that before end of 2009/2010, heck maybe even 2011. If it's not out by then, it doesnt seem likely MS will release a SP3 for xp x64.

AHA!! no wonder I'm going crazy here...

Will download SP2 and then go for it.

I need an install with SP2 or later to be able to install XP64 on my system again now that I have a new motherboard to install. I've tried it and had to take it out because my existing XP64 wouldn't startup with the new board, cpu and memory.

Should I be able to include the drivers from the disk that came with the new board?

Hotfixes from my current XP64?

anything else?

Yes, I've glanced over it and it seems quite in-depth - is there anything in "average Joe's" text?

I've made a disk with SP2 and the Unattended install etc., but it would be nice to know how to add all the other goodies, for sure..

djlen, there are AddOns that are included as Hot Fixes. There is a sub-forum here discussing these. There are many available to install lots of popular programs. Also see the other forums here for ideas. Good luck, John.