XP after Vista.

Guest adnan.sharif

Guest adnan.sharif

hi,

I have my own PC and this time I have Windows Vista, now I want to install the Windows XP.

Then

Can anyone tell me that what can I do in this regard?

Thanks .

With Regards.

A.Rehman

The first thing you want to do is make sure you can get XP drivers for your hardware. Check the manufacturers website to see if they are available. While you may think they should be available, sometimes they aren't, like some Vista logo'd notebooks.

Thanks Tripredacus for your info.

by the way i have the same issue, so as you told above i installed my hole XP driver and everything is ok.

but i need to know how to format/clean/wipe my windows vista business and install the XP OS.. can you help ?

but i need to know how to format/clean/wipe my windows vista business and install the XP OS.. can you help ?

1. You need drivers.

2. You need an XP install disc.

Follow the instructions.

When you select where to install the OS. you are given the option of formatting the drive first. You can do a full format, or a quick format which is actually just an erase of the drive.

1. You need drivers.

2. You need an XP install disc.

Follow the instructions.

When you select where to install the OS. you are given the option of formatting the drive first. You can do a full format, or a quick format which is actually just an erase of the drive.

weEvil

Thanks for the helpful information.

But, I'm not done yet. Opps, I'm wondering during my format session when i choose the full format option and tells me driver C:\ cannot be (formatted/deleted). because i heard this error may appeared during the step of formatting the C:\ HD (many people get in this trouble).

So, whats the deal ?

How we'll go through this error during installation without problems ?

Whats the specific way to do it clear ?

Further Information about my LAPTOP condition (If needed):

- Its TOSHIBA Satellite Pro A 120

- 1GB RAM

- 1.86 GHz

- Preinstalled Windows Vista Business OS.

I hope i get the help i need.

Thanks.

You have to boot from the CD to format the hard drive, if you start the install from within an OS it will not allow you to format the booted partition.

IcemanND

Ok, but theres still a problem. when the HD C:\ is formatted, and when the Windows XP want to Installed in the HD C:\ he can't read it.

he says (theres no Driver to install the Windows XP OS)

I'm still confused, what should i do ?