nLite 1.4.9.1 bug

SnowmanDK

I noticed a bug that have been introduced in v1.4.9.1.

When I create a disc, then I set Automatic Updates to "Notify before downloads" and set a mark in "Include minor updates"

The "LAST SESSION.INI" has these data saved:

• AutoUpdates = 3
  • AutoUDay = 5
  • AutoUHour = 15
  • AUMinor

However when I install windows using the disc, then Windows Update is set to AUTOMATIC!

I have tried making the disc about a dozen times now. Same result every time.

Am I the only one who has this problem?

Edited by SnowmanDK

SnowmanDK,

The clean source question was concerned with whether you ran nLite more than once against the same source. You should start with a fresh copy of your CD files/folders.

I guess Ponch knows what label you are talking about but I don't - what label? If you look in LastSession_u.ini you will see private information.

Please attach (not paste) your LastSession.ini.

Enjoy, John.

EDIT: Please look in your WINNT.SIF file (in my AMD64, probably in your i386 folder) and post what is in the [Data] section.

I specified "Notify before downloads" as you did but not the minor one. My worked correctly.

Edited by johnhc

Well... I took a clean copy of my XP Pro Danish CD (not even SP1).

Then I ran through nLite, adding SP3, and did the settings I want.

I am running it as a "Repair Prompt" CD.

When I do a test install, it asks for network connection, and if I want automatic updates activated (even though I turned it off).

After install Automaic Updates is activated in windows, BUT it just notifies me??? :blink:

oh... and the Automatic Updates icon in the control panel has no name, untill I do a reboot :blink: This actually occured on 3 test installs.

However... I am looking past that problem for now, as it's a minor one :rolleyes:

I now started to experiment with slipstreaming and "run-once" stuff :whistle:

I have added some screenshots to show exactly what I mean is going wrong.

At first start it asks me if I want to activate Automatic Updates:

post-107387-1227513000_thumb.jpg

Then I get in to windows for the first time after the installation.

I go into the Control Panel and see this:

post-107387-1227512996_thumb.jpg

After a single reboot I see this:

post-107387-1227512988_thumb.jpg

I open Automatic Updates and I see this:

post-107387-1227513004_thumb.jpg

Howcome?

I set it to NOT use automatic updates at first start.

Any ideas?

SnowmanDK,

At this time I don't have any suggestions. I would still like to see your LastSession.ini and the [Data] section of your WINNT.SIF, requested earlier. If it is at all possible, I would would like to see information in English, since I am a language illiterate American.

Enjoy, John.

SnowmanDK, the only thing I see that may be a problem is that you are running nLite on an XP x64 system while processing an XP (32 bit) source. This may or may not work correctly. Have you tried using XP SP2 Compatibility mode? (right click nLite.exe - click Properties - click Compatibility Mode tab-enable compatibility mode and select XP SP2). Is it possible to try nLiteing on a 32 bit XP system? My WINNT.SIF has AutomaticUpdates="Yes" and I have selected 'Notify...'. It works properly for me.

Enjoy, John.