Installing programs

Hi there,

I am trying to install some programs in my unattended vista image.

I don't know which commands to use when installing misc. software. <br>

This is what it looks like now:

<settings pass="auditUser">
<component name="Microsoft-Windows-Deployment" processorArchitecture="x86" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" language="neutral" versionScope="nonSxS" xmlns:wcm="http://schemas.microsoft.com/WMIConfig/2002/State" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">
<RunSynchronous>
<!-- ************************************************************* Installation af Java START -->
<RunSynchronousCommand wcm:action="add">
<Order>5</Order>
<Path>cmd /c %AppsRoot%\Install\Java6.exe /s /v/qn</Path>
<WillReboot>Never</WillReboot>
</RunSynchronousCommand>
<!-- ************************************************************* Installation af Java SLUT -->
<!-- ************************************************************* Installation af ICA klient START -->
<Order>10</Order>
<Path>cmd /c %AppsRoot%\Install\ica32web.msi /qb</Path>
<!-- OK! -->
</RunSynchronousCommand>
<!-- ************************************************************* Installation af ICA klient SLUT -->
<!-- ************************************************************* Installation af Audio START -->
<Order>11</Order>
<Path>cmd /c %AppsRoot%\Install\Audio\SETUP.exe /quiet /audit</Path>
<!-- Tilføj driver istedet.. -->
</RunSynchronousCommand>
<!-- ************************************************************* Installation af Audio SLUT -->
<!-- ************************************************************* Installation af HotKey START -->
<Order>12</Order>
<Path>cmd /c %AppsRoot%\Install\HOTKEY\SETUP.exe</Path>
</RunSynchronousCommand>
<!-- ************************************************************* Installation af HotKey SLUT -->
<!-- ************************************************************* Installation af EasyEject START -->
<Order>13</Order>
<Path>cmd /c %AppsRoot%\Install\EZEJECT\SETUP.exe</Path>
</RunSynchronousCommand>
<!-- ************************************************************* Installation af EasyEject SLUT -->
<!-- ************************************************************* Installation af Media Control Center START -->
<Order>14</Order>
<Path>cmd /c %AppsRoot%\Install\MBLCTR\Setup.exe</Path>
</RunSynchronousCommand>
<!-- ************************************************************* Installation af Media Control Center SLUT -->
<!-- ************************************************************* Installation af Productivity Center START -->
<Order>15</Order>
<Path>cmd /c %AppsRoot%\Install\PRDCTR\SETUP.exe</Path>
</RunSynchronousCommand>
<!-- ************************************************************* Installation af Productivity Center SLUT -->
<!-- ************************************************************* Installation af 4in1 START -->
<Order>16</Order>
<Path>cmd /c %AppsRoot%\Install\ny\4IN1\setup.exe</Path>
</RunSynchronousCommand>
<!-- ************************************************************* Installation af 4in1 SLUT -->
<!-- ************************************************************* Installation af HD Protection START -->
<Order>17</Order>
<Path>cmd /c %AppsRoot%\Install\ny\HPROTECT\setup.exe</Path>
</RunSynchronousCommand>
<!-- ************************************************************* Installation af HD Protection SLUT -->
<!-- ************************************************************* Installation af Power Management START -->
<Order>18</Order>
<Path>cmd /c %AppsRoot%\Install\ny\IBMPM\Setup.exe</Path>
</RunSynchronousCommand>
<!-- ************************************************************* Installation af Power Management SLUT -->
<!-- ************************************************************* Installation af Interface START -->
<Order>19</Order>
<Path>cmd /c %AppsRoot%\Install\ny\Interface\SETUP.exe</Path>
</RunSynchronousCommand>
<!-- ************************************************************* Installation af Interface SLUT -->
<!-- ************************************************************* Installation af WLAN START -->
<Order>20</Order>
<Path>cmd /c %AppsRoot%\Install\ny\WLANINT\Autorun.exe</Path>
</RunSynchronousCommand>
<!-- ************************************************************* Installation af WLAN SLUT -->
<!-- ************************************************************* Installation af Fingerprint START -->
<Order>21</Order>
<Path>cmd /c %AppsRoot%\Install\ny\FingerprintSoftware.exe</Path>
</RunSynchronousCommand>
<!-- ************************************************************* Installation af Fingerprint SLUT -->
<Order>60</Order>
<Path>%WINDIR%\system32\sysprep\sysprep.exe /quiet /oobe /reboot</Path>
<WillReboot>Always</WillReboot>
</RunSynchronousCommand>
</RunSynchronous>
</component>
</settings>

I have tried a few combinations, without any luck.

/ Ron

Firstly I think these should be under the component "Microsoft-Windows-Shell-Setup", an example would be:

<component name="Microsoft-Windows-Shell-Setup" processorArchitecture="x86" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" language="neutral" versionScope="nonSxS" xmlns:wcm="http://schemas.microsoft.com/WMIConfig/2002/State" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">

<AutoLogon>

<Password>

<Value>************</Value>

<PlainText>true</PlainText>

</Password>

<Enabled>true</Enabled>

<LogonCount>2</LogonCount>

<Username>administrator</Username>

</AutoLogon>

<FirstLogonCommands>

<SynchronousCommand wcm:action="add">

<CommandLine>c:\script.cmd</CommandLine>

<Description>Initial Variables</Description>

<Order>1</Order>

</SynchronousCommand>

</FirstLogonCommands>

</component>

This uses the Administrator account to autologon and execute the command file C:\script.cmd once setup is complete and the system has rebooted.

You could put all your commands into this file and have them execute as a normal batch script or have multiple Synchronous Commands in the unattend.xml file.

Depending on your situation ronmaster, you can do a couple of things.

If this image you're working on needs to be joined to the domain then don't use the Audit system since Audit will remove your machine from the domain.

Take the screenshot below:

post-197971-1227139895_thumb.jpg

The image i'm working on is joined to the domain, so at pass 4 i start installing a bunch of applications like Office 07, Adobe, Java, Roxio, etc.

Then at pass 7 (OOBE) i run the first logon commands when the administrator auto-logs in to the systems. At pass 7 i run mostly batch files to disable services, add users to appropriate groups, registry tweaks, cleanup and reboot the system.

Now, if the image you're working on is for home use then use the Audit System and install all your applications sequentially.

From your post you're saying that you don't know what commands to use.

Well each application has silent swiches that you can find on Google.

Not sure if my post helps, but if you need something specific let me know.

Im brand new at this topic, and very insecure what to put where :-)

I doubt that i can find the silent switch commands for my programs, as there are not very common.

Whould it be possible to post the entire xml and for you guys to edit it?

The main purpose for my installation is that everything should be automated, exept the licens key part.

I have attached my Autounattend.xml