Help with Windows Update

Christine_ts

Hello.

Sometimes when i do a Windows Updates for people i know, Windows Update find some hardware drivers for me. This drivers are easy to use, don't have a lot of software, control-panels and other scrap. It's just a simply driver i often have problems to find other places because of missing hardware information. (Laptops without Network drivers etc.)

But - i realy want to download them but can't find them, they just are installed and that's it.

I have trying to search Microsoft but no . . .

Someone know something about this ?

Best Regards

You can search for drivers that MS offers here: http://catalog.update.microsoft.com/

You can search by Hardware ID, even without a driver XP should be able to know this. Go into Device Manager, view properties for a device which doesn't have a driver, in the Details tab select "Hardware ID" from the dropdown list. Example of my laptop's video: PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0244&SUBSYS_30B7103C

Typically there's PCI\VEN_###, &DEV_### and &SUBSYS_###, sometimes you might have to leave off &SUBSYS_### part to find a match. You might even be able to plug it into Google and find a driver.

You can search for drivers that MS offers here: http://catalog.update.microsoft.com/

You can search by Hardware ID, even without a driver XP should be able to know this. Go into Device Manager, view properties for a device which doesn't have a driver, in the Details tab select "Hardware ID" from the dropdown list. Example of my laptop's video: PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0244&SUBSYS_30B7103C

Typically there's PCI\VEN_###, &DEV_### and &SUBSYS_###, sometimes you might have to leave off &SUBSYS_### part to find a match. You might even be able to plug it into Google and find a driver.

Thank you, i will try this also

:hello: