.NET ... Nasty Rumor... Could it be true?

buck614

Hold it...Hold it...Hold it....

The corporate version does not need activation?

I understand that the 2 versions are called:

advanced enterprise server & standard terminal server.

It is a relief to know that the Advanced version does not need activation. That's the way it should be.

I just found out that you have 60 days to activate. That makes more sense. From what I have seen, .NET looks like a decent Operating System with a lot of potential. I just hope it will be as reliable and stable as Win 2000 Server.

TIMEBOMB!!

Are you kidding?

Will my TV blow up!

My blender may accidentally be affected by the surge and turn on while my cat is investigating that clump at the bottom.

Will my lights flicker?

I heard my radio will turn on and change the station to the 24hr Celine Dion channel.

Can I ground my computer?

Should I get a gasmask?

Will my computer automatically revert back to Windows 3.1?

This is all very disturbing.......

Have you ever bothered to notice the evaluation message in the EULA? (its right at the top you cant miss it - 180 Day License) Theres your 180 day timebomb. Thats why you cant just hex edit winlogon and assume it will be all ok. This will only activate xp, but set your clock foward 180 days and watch the magic.

I have Windows .net Enterprise, Standard and Web Servers all build 3604. The only way i was able to get the timebombs off was to patch them with the Windows XP corporate files, which allowed everything but terminal services to work.