Some tips about xp, ie7 deployment

Hello,

i want to create a bootable DVD (XP SP3) with IE7 and some other tools like Adobe Reader.......

What is the best way to create such a DVD.

A bootable DVD with XP SP3 exists.

Can i integrate IE7 in it or only with tools like Nlite...??

After the installation from the OS, WPI should start an install the rest of the tools......

How can i realize that?

Thanks for tips

Dennis

There are two methods to start WPI automatically after your Windows install that are listed on the "WPI v7.1.1" sticky thread (after your desktop loads and runonceex); just download the RAR and follow the instructions for the one you want.

You can reboot by using %reboot% as one of your command lines for the program. So if you're wanting to reboot after, say, Office 2007:

cmd1: %wpipath%\Install\Office2007\setup.exe /adminfile Office.msp

cmd2: %reboot% 10

This should reboot in 10 seconds and then continue with the rest of your selections upon restarting.

Edited by chaoticyeshua

Great,

i take the $OEM$ with the runonceex.

Dieses Schnellstartpaket startet WPI per RunOnceEx nach der Windows Installation. Um es zu nutzen, müssen Sie nur den %oem% Ordner neben den WPI und i386 Ordnern einfügen.

Für alle Versionen von Windows 2000, XP und 2003 (Theme funktioniert nicht mit 2000)

$oem$ Ordner <-- Link!

Inhalt des $OEM$ Archives:

cmdlines.txt

RunWPI.exe (Setzt die RunOnceEx Einträge für WPI und das MCE Theme für das Aussehen des RunOnceEx Dialoges.)

It works fine.

Whats the difference beetween this one and the other $OEM$ ??

Dies ist ein neues $OEM$ Archiv für WPI um NACH dem Laden des Desktops zu starten!

Für alle Versionen von Windows 2000, XP und 2003 (Theme funktioniert nicht mit 2000)

$oem$ Ordner <-- Link!

Inhalt des $OEM$ Archives:

cmdlines.txt

RunWPI.inf

OK please post the ENGLISH ones next time... :P

I got the post though.

The one the this in it (RunWPI.exe) will run WPI before initial login and also adds the MCE theme to "Prettify" the installer window border.

The one with "RunWPI.inf" loads POST login and after the desktop loads.

OK. I try it in english :-)

Thanks for your answer.

So slowly i come to finish....

But i still have a few questions and i don't want to open a new post.

1. I want to change the install order.

I put the number in the field "installationorder" but that's not working.

How can i change the install order?

2. Some programs should only install if my OS is Vista

How can i realize that?

I think over the field "unconditional"

But how looks the syntax?

3. I want to copy a file

Under command i can choose "FileCopy".

How look the syntax if i copy e.g. a file from WPI\Install\Test to C:\Program Files........

1. Make sure install by category in the options menu is not checked. That might be the problem.

2. In the condition field, use the command getOSver()=="Vista" <-- This will make it so the item doesn't even show up on the menu at all if it's not a computer with Vista on it. I think you can also use it in the greyed condition field to just not select it by default or grey it out, if you still want it to show, but I haven't tried that.

3. FileCopy "%wpipath%\Install\test.txt" "%programfiles%\test.txt"

Edited by chaoticyeshua

OK.

Is it possible to set permissions on folders on the %systemdrive% with WPI or only with a *.bat file like this:

D:\xcacls.exe C:\Programme\AQS_GKIS_MISVA /T /E /C /G Jeder:F;F

D:\xcacls.exe "C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\All Users\Desktop" /T /E /C /G Jeder:F;F

If so where must i place xcacls.exe?

Edited by SirHaschke

You can use a batch file. You can put xcacls.exe anywhere as long as you specify the path to it when you call the command, or if you don't want to specify the path when you run it, just have a FileCopy that will copy it to your \Windows\system32 folder. Other than that, just run it like normal.