blue IE 7 folders

Shiron

Hello everyone,

I just noticed that I have a very large folder in my Windows directory named IE7.

It is in blue and looks like it is necessary if I want to UNINSTALL IE 7. That being the case,

I am wondering if it is safe to delete the folder?

Thanks

Ron B

the folders name is "IE7" & not "Internet Explorer" ? cuz my %programfiles%\internet explorer folder is only 3.5MB (from stock XP sp3)

but if u want to remove internet explorer i think u can do it from the add remove programs IE is really heavily integrated into your windows directory aswell, i would suggest doing some google searches first

i have IE7 removed, i remove it with nlite before i even install windows

but what im sayin is with your windows already being installed theres a good chance your not gonna find "all" the files u want to remove

how big is your "IE7" folder?

Yes, all hotfixes and security updates (for XP, IE, or WMP) create blue folders in the Windows folder and contain uninstall information. If you have determined that you will not be uninstalling these updates, then you can safely delete these folders to free up space.

I would, however, get CCleaner. It has an option to remove hotfixes and let that program uninstall the updates.