Batch Files With WPI Problem

I'm really new to WPI but I think it's a great tool. I'm a computer tech for several elementary schools and i've found it useful for adding all the software I need in one location with minimal time. My issue now is running a batch file to install Office 07 with a switch for our .msp file. my WPI Command 1 looks like this "%wpipath%\Install\Office_2007_Install\setup.cmd" My batch file contains this code

setup.exe /adminfile MPS.msp

. When WPI runs, it tells me i need to use the control panel to install and configure system components. I've read several different things on batch files within the forum but they don't seem to be using a simliar situation.Is there a tool or something I need to use with WPI or a code I need to add into the command? Any help for this newb would be greatly appreciated. :thumbup

Edited by Cromag

The problem is that you call "C:\WINDOWS\system32\setup.exe" instead of "%wpipath%\Install\Office_2007_Install\setup.exe"

Just modify your script like this:

PUSHD "%~dp0"
setup.exe /adminfile MPS.msp
POPD

%0 ist the full path to your setup.cmd - %~dp0 is only the drive and the path to your setup.cmd.

PUSHD and POPD are better CD-commands.

Greetings

Al

Edited by AlBundy33

Thanks so much! I have no idea what those commands mean but they worked so I'm happy.

http://www.ss64.com/nt/pushd.html

http://www.ss64.com/nt/popd.html

You change the current directory to the same one where the file you invoked is (%~dp0 means d=drive p=path 0=the first parameter, i.e. the running batch), then you execute the command, then you restore current directory to whatever it was previously.

jaclaz