games

starcraftmaster

hey is there a game that looks really RREALLY good but works on low end systems like far cry that looked good but wont work on my old computer but unlike star war jedi out cast looked great it worked on low end systems. so some thing good like jedi knight jedi out cast some to do with space or a shooter em up would be good but any game thats good will do and looks good

which has 192mb of sd ram, geforce 64mb pci crap sound card and 766mhz cpu

and is there any way to make star wars battle front 1 work

i tryed it but it way to slow

My recommendation made in another post. Heck, might as well just copy it here:

... well, you might consider OpenGL based games which work surprisingly well on under-powered Win9x systems.

The two that come immediately to mind are Quake III Arena and Unreal Tournament. They are thoroughly debugged and have a slew of mods and add-ins that will keep a newbie gamer busy for months or more likely, years. I maintain installations of both titles on my Win9x units and even to this day stumble upon mods, maps, skins, bots and levels that I never used before.

Quake III Arena includes the official mod 'Team Arena' and it's simple to download many other free mods like Western Quake, Urban Terror, Jailbreak, Navy Seals, World of Padman, Hunt, etc. These create a practically infinite selection of games and levels.

Unreal Tournament has almost as many mods, certainly as many maps, but also some more realistic skins and bots.

All in all these two games are extremely reliable on older systems even using the built-in chipset video graphics. If you decide to go this route, one suggestion: install these games completely to the Hard Drive and apply the necessary 'tricks' so that you never need to insert the CD-ROMs again. This is the secret to keeping these games fast and smooth, *no* further CD-ROM access.

I have not looked recently but I imagine you can buy the gold versions (complete CD-ROM retail versions plus documentation) for a good price nowadays. You can also look for 'used' at places like Amazon.

I'll just add that these are both so-called 'FPS' games (First Person Shooters). I would call them Best of Class in their era: 1999. Such games have many options allowing you to dial-down the graphics resolution and details if necessary (you have 192 MB RAM). I personally believe that great software by great authors should be rewarded by buying them because it provides real incentive for them to continue their good work. I'm not sure if they actually still sell them retail but if they do, imagine the message they get by having folks still buying their 9 year old game. It might remind them to get on the stick and become innovative again.

well battle fleid may be good but i never seen a good game that was made by EA or owned by EA lol well fifa 2000 wasint bad. ign.com says battle fleid is good

and i got unreal good game but cant play online interent not working on my computer trying to fix it but its really stuffed

I believe Red Faction (at least part 1) should work. AVP (Alien vs Predator) is another one that springs to mind. There's also Turok, not sure which of the series would fit your hardware best.

Can't think of others in the genre right now, I'm more of an adventure fan (Tomb Raider is my all-time faiblesse).

Edited by Drugwash

Don't forget to patch bf 1942 the weapons are poorly balanced in 1.0 .

I like bf 1942 more than most other 3d shooting games. The levels are all outside and you play with teams so you do not have to worry about your bacj as much as in some other games.

and there are a lot of vehicels you can use in the game like tanks and aircraft (although flying is not easy)