Updates

Mr.Slash

Well, I reformatted the PC with XP SP2. Installed the drivers, MacAfee anti virus, adobe acrobat & reader, Office 2003, Java, Print to PDF program, and Quicktime. this is the standard install whenever we either set up a new PC or reformat an older one. I ran the updates (always do that one last). All the updates downloaded, then all the updates failed to install. I tried going into the Internet Options and putting Microsoft.com into the trusted sites (this was a Googled suggestion) and this didn't solve the issue. I am up for ideas.

Well, I reformatted the PC with XP SP2. Installed the drivers, MacAfee anti virus, adobe acrobat & reader, Office 2003, Java, Print to PDF program, and Quicktime. this is the standard install whenever we either set up a new PC or reformat an older one. I ran the updates (always do that one last). All the updates downloaded, then all the updates failed to install. I tried going into the Internet Options and putting Microsoft.com into the trusted sites (this was a Googled suggestion) and this didn't solve the issue. I am up for ideas.

Maybe try running the updates before you install the software. I always install updates after NIC is installed but before everything else.

Right now, I am trying to install the updates in smaller groups instead of all at once. That seems to be working just fine finally.

In previous reformats or new PC set ups, I have always done the updates last. But on the next round, i will try to do the updates first. Thanks for the suggestion!

Right now, I am trying to install the updates in smaller groups instead of all at once. That seems to be working just fine finally.

In previous reformats or new PC set ups, I have always done the updates last. But on the next round, i will try to do the updates first. Thanks for the suggestion!

I say that because sometimes an update will allow you to properly install a driver. We don't just to XP, but other Windows. And one example is the UUA driver that you need the hotfix (KB888111) for (sometimes) in order to properly install the sound driver.