nLited disc isn't recognized

VectorX

Alright, so I have my original XP Pro (no SP) disc that I bought a long time ago. I integrated SP3 and SATA drivers for my laptop into the disc, however, when i try to boot up to cd to install, it isn't recognized. I HAVE set the disc drive to the first boot device, it winds up the drive, but doesn't see the disc. Any recommendations? I have toggled the "press any key to boot from disc" option in nLite and burned multiple (8+) different tries to no avail...I'm at wits end -_-;; Help please! :wacko:

Alright, so I have my original XP Pro (no SP) disc that I bought a long time ago. I integrated SP3 and SATA drivers for my laptop into the disc, however, when i try to boot up to cd to install, it isn't recognized. I HAVE set the disc drive to the first boot device, it winds up the drive, but doesn't see the disc. Any recommendations? I have toggled the "press any key to boot from disc" option in nLite and burned multiple (8+) different tries to no avail...I'm at wits end -_-;; Help please! :wacko:

I can't speak on the SATA drivers (bc I never used that option) but I had problems booting from my CD when I included sp3 in the Nlited version. You can try to add those post install and just boot with your Xp Pro CD without the service pack included. That's why I excluded them in my list of presets.

Edited by arj1981

Sorry for not clarifying. Yes, I can boot from my original non-sp XP Pro disc. It is only after integrating the SP3 and the SATA drivers (which I need in order for XP to recognize my hdd on my laptop and install) that the laptop does not recognize the cd during boot. Any ideas?

Will other PCs (preferable those with a completely different chipset) recognise your nLited CD?

If so you've probably integrated the wrong SATA drivers, I had a similar problem with nForce SATA drivers about a month ago, drove me nuts.

Sorry for not clarifying. Yes, I can boot from my original non-sp XP Pro disc. It is only after integrating the SP3 and the SATA drivers (which I need in order for XP to recognize my hdd on my laptop and install) that the laptop does not recognize the cd during boot. Any ideas?

I just want to clarify that I mean make an Nlited version of your non-sp XP pro disc without slipstreaming the SATA drivers and sp3 and see if it will boot then. Add those to your system post install. That's my suggestion because I had the same issue when I first started out and it took me a month to resolve.

Well, I figured out part of the problem. I was integrating the SP3 and the drivers however, i was using PowerISO in order to create an image and burn it. When I did a direct burn from nLite, it worked. Now to see if it'll recognize my hard drive... :ph34r: