Running WPI from USB_multiboot10

Hi all,

I have three questions so I hope there is someone out there that can give me some tips.

- I'm trying to get WPi started via usb_multiboot, but I'm getting an error that the WPI.hta can't be found.

I've downloaded the $oem$ folder that holds the runwpi.inf and cmdlines.tx and put it inside $WIN_NT$.~LS and the WPI folder that contains the WPI.hta is located in the root of the usb key. Obviously this is not right.....what is the correct location for the WPI folder? I think this is what is recommended on the WPI website.

- I want to install Dell laptop drivers via the usb_multiboot install_drivers.cmd will this command execute before WPI.hta starts?

Any advide on how to install drivers before wpi.hta starts is welcome...

- Which ISO creator can convert a bootable usb key to a iso? i tried a few such as ultra iso and iso recorder, but this didn't work.

Converting a usb_multiboot key would safe me many hours if I could test it first in VMware workstation! :rolleyes:

Thanks in advance!

ah, didnt see you were doing the complete install from a flash drive- but I would think it would be the same, the wpi cmd seems to look for an existence of a wpi folder at the root of any drive, so it should be able to locate it. I am currently trying to get a hybrid working, where I install windows from a cd, and it looks for wpi on a flash drive- same basic idea except your drive letter is the same.

Unfortunately I can only test this by completing a full usb setup of XP which takes me about 45 minutes.

It looks like the runwpi.inf is not looking in the right location, perhaps this line has to be changed:

[Launch.WPI]

CMD /Q /C CD /D """%01%\..\WPI""" & START /WAIT /B WPI.hta

Since the usb key is always using drive letter U: it might be a good idea to change the variable to a fixed drive letter.

Any idea what [Launch.WPI] should be to let it launch wpi.hta from U:?

I finally sorted a part of the problem encountered.

The WPI.hta has to be copied to the $WIN_NT$.~LS, for some reason this folder is "seen" as the root folder by the Windows XP.

I'll keep you posted about adding (Dell) drivers to the XP usb installation.