how to make xp preactivated

ok thank you for that link but that doesnt help i use home made computers and have a store bought copy of windows xp pro
XP Pro Retail? Ain't gonna happen. The idea behind the link given is for "same hardware configuration" for OEM Builders. Even if you "cloned" the installation from PC-A to PC-B (hardware different) it will be detected as a new configuration and require re-activation. You need to get a separate license for each PC.

Unless I'm missing something, anyone?

you can install the retail version on as many pc's as u like(yours obv)... aslong as its installed on one pc at a time.

i have the oem version that came with my old dell pc i had ages ago (long gone in the bin that pc) but i still use the licence off it for my pc today... i have to phone ol microsoft about it every time i reinstall and have to answer the ruddy questions every time :(

there aint no way ur gonna get it to preactivate on a retail disk either sorry pal (i cant on this either as im upgrading motherboards pretty much every 3 months)

ur best bet is using a ghost image or something simlar to preserv your activation on ur pc that ur using (and remember u can only install to one pc at a time)