Local profile remove?

We've had some system administrators leave the company, and I'm trying to go thru and remove their profiles where they have logged in. But getting some issues when doing a straight delete, there are some files locked. I'm hesitant to load Unlocker! onto the servers, and ALL the machines; so is there an easier way to delete their profile?

C:\Documents and Settings\<profilename>

Thats the one I'm trying to get rid of, combined some of their profiles are getting in the upwards of ~800MB... TIA!

You could try using CACLS and RD in a batch file, something like this:

cacls "C:\Documents and Settings\<profilename>" /T /G <yourdomainname\yourusername>:F
rd /s /q "C:\Documents and Settings\<profilename>"

The first line should recursively grant full access to the profile folder and everything inside it for your user account.

The second should silently remove the directory and all its contents.

I've not tested this at all, so check it manually on a non-important server first :)

Also, check out the resource kit utility delprof.exe.

oh man! thanks!!! that tool is GREAT!!!! hmm... i bet this could be written into a script, and you can enter the username, and the machines to check. food for thought for later! eitherway, thanks all!! =D

• 2 months later...

Can't you just go into System Properties (from control or properties by right clicking my computer) > advanced > User Profiles Settings> select the profile and delete it... works in windows 2000 xp 2003 vista 2008 and i think it works in nt4 also but as you stated a path of Documents and Settings its eather 2000 xp or 2003... try that...

Can't you just go into System Properties (from control or properties by right clicking my computer) > advanced > User Profiles Settings> select the profile and delete it... works in windows 2000 xp 2003 vista 2008 and i think it works in nt4 also but as you stated a path of Documents and Settings its eather 2000 xp or 2003... try that...

Well, I've tried that once before, and remembered why it didn't 'quite' work out for me. Logging in as the local administrator on the machine (2003 standard) I cannot simply remove them via your method. Which.. For this server, it isn't THAT big a deal, as there really isn't very many users who have logged onto this machine, but a couple of them, who have hundreds of users who have logged in, it tends to add up. Here is a screen shot of what I'm referring to in regards to the server in reference. Thanks for you help!

users.jpg