Not Enough virtual Memory or paging file quota is available to complet

atolica

I saw this posted once before, but no satisfing answer was given, so here is again.

I get this error, when rebooting vmware for the first time. "Not Enough virtual Memory or paging file quota is available to complete the specified operation."

I am testing all my nlited xps in vmware. Windows Xp +SP3 with all post SP3 fixes, IE7, WMP11.

Some said to reduce the memory allocated to vmware. No go.

Any other ideas? Nuhi?

Greets!

Increased, decreased and still the same.

I thought that wmp11 and IE7 might be the culprits, but after excluding them from integration, the problem persists. I activated display error option, and the majority of the hotfixes show errors during direct hotfix integration. "This update can't be slipstreamed using direct hotfix integration" or something like that.

I never had problems using previous nlite versions.

I always integrate silicon image 3112 sata raid drivers, but I never had issues with them. I didn't test it yet in a real machine, as I have only one pc, and I'm not ready to format my c drive for testing purposes. All my drives are full.

This is the first time this happens, and I am using nlite for years now. I had issues before, removing some needed components, but after rebuilding the iso, the 2nd time it always worked. Now I rebuilt this iso 5 times, and the same error occurred.

Here's the *.ini you asked for:

bun.ini

Remove - Performance-Disable paging of kernel and core-os - tweak

Or activate it if you will. It could be some of your drivers needs it active. If you are low on memory or low on storage space, or tweaks arent properly added to registry,well there could be such problems.

Do you use page file?

Remove - Performance-Disable paging of kernel and core-os - tweak

Or activate it if you will. It could be some of your drivers needs it active. If you are low on memory or low on storage space, or tweaks arent properly added to registry,well there could be such problems.

Do you use page file?

Thank you for your help. I'm building the iso right now.

Do you know why most of the post SP3 hotfixes fail to integrate using direct hotfix integration? I don't remember having this problem before, even with Windows XP SP3. It's the first time I get so many errors. I always had the "Display Reports" on, and I must've had 2 or 3 errors max, in 2 years of nlite usage.

Another thing. I alwas get a SQL server setup window that hangs the nlite process. I have to kill the sql server process manually using ask manager. Nlite hangs forever otherwise. Could this be the reason? I think I'll uninstall sql server until I build a working iso.

Edit after 10 minutes: I just tested the new iso. Now I get no error anymore, but keeps restarting over and over again.

Edited by atolica

I have no idea why people have problems with xp sp3, i've just made an xp x86 sp3 iso once, and it went without problems. i run x64 myself,I usually always disable SFC though anyway.

Are you saying that you have installed a SQL software server program something, that displays an error window while you run nlite on a windows folder (making nlite folder/iso) ?

If so you should report that to the sql software makers. Does not 'sound' like nlite error.

The sql server window pops out during nlite integration. It won't go away by it's own, I have to close it manualy using task manager. It pops out ONLy when nlite starts integrating hotfixes. Nlite won't go to the next hotfix, unless I kill that window. So my hunch is that is a hotfix that is SQL related. The error with "Not enough virtual..." occurs in vmware, after starting windows setup, after the first reboot. I haven't tested the iso on a real machine. These two events might be connected, but I won't format my drive just to find out.

Do you really have a SQL Server pre-installed on that XP before you try to apply the hotfix (KB948109)?

Please move WMP11 integration above the actual WMP11 hotfixes. Recheck the same for IE7 even though that part looks fine.

So the way I do it is sort by build date (click column header) then move IE and WMP11 main installers on top.

Yes I do. SQL server is needed for me to run Windows Embedded CTP. I always sort them after the date. I thought of moving wmp11 in front of the wmp11 hotfixes, but I was too lazy to search on the net abut the release date. Or even right clicking it and looking at the properties window.

and nuhi.. when nlite starts to build the iso after clicking make iso button, it does an optimization routine, saving some extra mb. But for me it also deletes all the files, not folders that reside on the iso's root. So I have left only two folders, i386 and $OEM. Setup of course it crashes after that, having not found *.sp3 files

Edited by atolica

Edit after 10 minutes: I just tested the new iso. Now I get no error anymore, but keeps restarting over and over again.

What is the md5sum of your WMP11 binary?

e03ce05a1fb25438ba03553f7ceb2f7f or c5d9d62e35b4f8f5a6f495b41f532539?